The dataBase file (linked above) has been refilled with all the new images, and more than Tuscani provided on the previous page. You'll see some close-ups too, and there are some interesting details, I think, along Bremner Boulevard retail-wise especially. Assuming that the zoning application and site plan is approved by the City, then the architecture can be considered final. The interior design shown through the restaurant/retail windows should be considered notional, as should the art running up the sides of the towers and within the crown spaces. Final designs for those will come in the future.

That pool high above Spadina is quite the thing…

Who can we contact to demand better? Does the Design Review Panel have any jurisdiction over CityPlace?

Anywhere you see vision glass right over a slab edge or structural component in the rendering: replace in your mind's eye with spandrel panels. Any mullions or spandrel panels are minimized in renderings, but in reality will be visually heavier. Also, the pool hanging over the podium's Spadina elevation will most certainly not have that effect in reality.

Last edited:
The massing reflects the current crop of taller towers - imagine if CityPlace had been delayed 10 years - the whole cluster would be taller.

The massing reminds me of Maple Leaf Square.

Not a fan of the colourful patch work... seems like too many colours, limit it to 2 colours maybe 3 and have a palette that works together. Who puts red and green anywhere close together... barf. I don't mind the dull design, I didn't expect otherwise, but those panels I hope get reworked. Something like RCMI or no.210 have really nice coloured panels. I hope they modify this.

I think the architects were told to dress up these towers - but don't spend any money.

Anyway, why would we expect them to spend money here when they don't have to?

They will (hopefully) be gone after this and they simply don't care. Obviously.

I think the architects were told to dress up these towers - but don't spend any money.

Anyway, why would we expect them to spend money here when they don't have to?

They will (hopefully) be gone after this and they simply don't care. Obviously.

The problem is that--except for some people on this board--nobody in the city seems to care.

I like the raw real estate of them. Very Hong Kong. I do wonder what some decrying the project were expecting considering its history?

My guess is 3 elevators. Nothing like living on the 65th floor of a building built on a tight, tight budget.

First thing in the morning - even before you are dressed - run out to the hall to press the elevator button knowing you will
now have at least 30 minutes before an elevator arrives.

you should probably stop guessing

The previous design in the international design competition was rejected...for this? You'd think it was rejected for something better.

Back