Podium cladding:

WP_20141229_001.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20141229_001.jpg
    WP_20141229_001.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 3,002
They couldn't pick cladding that's more interesting to look at? Thankfully most people will drive by this thing at 80kph, so they won't have to stare at this for too long.

Looks remarkably close to the renderings, right down to the horizontal reveals. As long as they pay some attention to the streetscaping along Harbour I'm ok with the plain cladding. And at least it's some contrast with the glass that's everywhere else. I kind of prefer this treatment to what we got at Aura, where the big box stores just piled all of their inventory up against the windows anyway

They couldn't pick cladding that's more interesting to look at? Thankfully most people will drive by this thing at 80kph, so they won't have to stare at this for too long.

With that rather oblique angle, with the reflection off the surface, and with the splotches on the glass, it's quite tough to tell if that's the final cladding… and if it is, what it actually looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure but it looks like, it is covered in some kind of paper or sheet.

Nice photos as always, scamander. It's nice to see photos of this area when the sun is actually out. The podium's cladding looks less boring than I originally thought, but those fins sure look nice.

A Walmart Superstore would be nice but not likely. The prices would certainly give Longos, Sobeys, and Loblaws in the area a run for their money.

Back