Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
2018-08-13
30146146138_2d53ca9d5b_b.jpg

I attempted to replicate this shot. I'm about a block up.

20180815_121740.jpg

Here's another one I've titled 'Telus of the Smokey Skies':

20180815_122224.jpg

Attachments

• 20180815_121740.jpg
    20180815_121740.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 503
  • 20180815_122224.jpg
    20180815_122224.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 469
I hear you. I rarely take that stretch of 9th either when Stephen is such a nicer walk. That lot just west of the Grain Exchange is such a prime development location for something unique to view from Stephen. MODA get in there please :D.

Hi,
These Shots are Interesting! Shows Just how Bad the "Smoke/Haze" Really Is. Living Just East of Chinook in Manchester Its Often Hard
to really notice all the Haze.

Tnx.
Operater.

Hi,
The Grain Exchange Bldg May B Considered an Historic Bldg. Not sue off hand really as such. It would B interesting to see the Bldg/Block Redevelped into a
Whole New Complex. Incoperating the Grain Exchange Bldg and what Ever were to Go into the Block Reguardless of Height can B Done in Torontom We
can do It here as Well.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Again,
On Passing Thoughts, but Not Sure if They can Match the Telus. Untill Oxford Blds Their 64 Flr Bldg at 6/4 S W. Tekus Will B the Tallest Bldg in Calgary for Quite Some Time. I Know there are Various Bldgs Planned for the Beltline but Will B Interested to See How It Goes Height Wise.

Tnx,
Operater.

They were both designed by Bjarke Ingels, isn't there a reason for their similarity?
I always saw them as kind of like a Yin and Yang sort of thing.
Love both towers, but I agree. Their tower is perhaps more ambitious, but ours is much more elegant.

I love Vancouver House, but still like Telus Sky more. Telus sky definitely has a more elegant look to it, a look that will be timeless, but I don't think Vancouver House will have that. It's very funky, and 'now', but Telus Sky is forever. I do prefer the white material over the black, but outside of that I give it up for Telus Sky.

IDK why, but when I see the renderings and progress pics for the vancouver house I'm expecting the outcome of 20 fenchurch street in London, cool the first few times you look at it but eventually becomes a quick eyesore that tends to awkwardly stick out in the skyline. Seems like they tried a little too hard to be different and unique. Calgary really did got lucky picking up the Telus Sky.

IDK why, but when I see the renderings and progress pics for the vancouver house I'm expecting the outcome of 20 fenchurch street in London, cool the first few times you look at it but eventually becomes a quick eyesore that tends to awkwardly stick out in the skyline. Seems like they tried a little too hard to be different and unique. Calgary really did got lucky picking up the Telus Sky.
Exactly. I find the same thing with Van House. It gets kind of annoying to look at after a while, it just looks awkward. It's unique at first sight, but I can't sit and stare it all day like Telus Sky.

Back