20181025_174018.jpg

Attachments

• 20181025_174018.jpg
    20181025_174018.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 2,290
Guess we aren't getting the all glass corner like in the renders.

Any updates on the Creative City complex OCAD announced back in 2017? Haven't heard a peep about it in over a year.

The art on this new building looks fantastic in the rendering. The condo going up down the road is cool too. It's like the creative energy of the museum and table top building are morphing outwards into the rest of the city.

OCAD email update:

Dear OCAD University neighbours:
You may encounter some delays when travelling on McCaul St., just south of Dundas, as we install the west "scrim" onto the Rosalie Sharp Pavilion.

On December 4, 5 (possibly), and 12, contractors will set up a crane in the AGO-OCADU laneway between our properties to hoist steel scrims over the McCaul St. roadway onto the Rosalie Sharp Pavilion.

The road closures will be during the actual hoisting of the scrim, which is expected to last 10-30 minutes sometime between 9:30 am and 12 pm. Sidewalk access will also be affected.

We appreciate your patience as we complete exterior work on this exciting new building.

Reminder: Imago Mundi - Great and North
Our popular exhibition featuring works by 760 artists from across Canada is entering its final two weeks. Be sure to visit Onsite Gallery at 199 Richmond St W to see it before it closes!

Admission is always free.

View photos of the exhibition here: https://www2.ocadu.ca/event/imago-mundi-%E2%80%94-great-and-north

I just didn't picture the final project to be like this in my mind, when I was looking at the original renderings. and because of that I'm a little disappointed. Although, I still love the fact that they did something different & unique

This should have a great effect when finished. Excited to see it with the lights on at night - imagine it will have a warm lantern feel.

Back