The previous developer from 2019 failed again here, so the site recently flipped again.

Notably, this sale was the highest price ever paid for developable land in Hamilton as it has a site-plan-approved tower more or less ready for permits. The new owner also claims to want to move quickly - we will have to see if that is the case or not.

I’m of the belief these new owners are going to make something happen quickly, and they are going to get their moneys worth- something of high quality. This was one of the first projects to be proposed when the condo wave started creeping into Hamilton; it is unequivocally a very lucrative site now that we are nearly a decade and a half in. I would expect us to go from renders to shovels in the ground this year.

So Milborne Group picked this up? That is rather unusual sight to see them on the development side. I suppose the site is fully entitled and they can launch it themselves, and just hire construction management consultants to deliver the project.

So Milborne Group picked this up? That is rather unusual sight to see them on the development side. I suppose the site is fully entitled and they can launch it themselves, and just hire construction management consultants to deliver the project.
apparently they are just representing a buyers group and are not purchasing it themselves.

Photo I took of this site at night recently
PXL_20231021_032301539.jpg

Sad what happened here , ... given another nine months of silence (and I assume no onsite activity), the new owners seem like the old ones.

I don’t actually doubt something will get built here. Too lucrative not to. The question is if that happens before the rest of the church will have to be taken down or just collapses. The worst thing about this project is that it has been put on a clock and the transient owners don’t care.

I don’t actually doubt something will get built here. Too lucrative not to. The question is if that happens before the rest of the church will have to be taken down or just collapses. The worst thing about this project is that it has been put on a clock and the transient owners don’t care.
I'm betting they're waiting until the structure is considered unsafe.

The city should put a deadline, with severe penalties to encourage development to occur before it collapses.

Back