Staging for bridge assembly is well underway.

20190430_194536.jpg

20190430_194536.jpg20190430_194434.jpg20190430_194446.jpg

The NSR bridge is going to be the biggest hurdle imo. There are no spans in place yet and the cable-stayed design will take a while to construct I reckon (given the city's prior rocky history building bridges).

Oh man

EDMONTON, AB – May 8, 2019 –The intersection at 101 Street and 102 Avenue will
be closed to traffic on May 10 for approximately four weeks to accommodate
construction of rail beds and the laying of rail for the Valley Line LRT.

This closure is part of a series of rolling closures throughout the summer at intersections
along 102 Avenue.

Guess the west line funding isn't quite secured yet.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5304708/edmonton-mayor-throne-speech-premier-kenney-iveson/

“In the election, the premier committed to the west LRT, which is great,” Iveson told reporters in the rotunda of the legislature following the Speech from the Throne.

“So we want to nail that down essentially in writing and confirm that and then understand longer term in the city charter what the dollars in nine years out from now that were tied to the carbon revenues… Just get assurances that those are still going to be there, although with a different funding source.”

Edmonton is going to have to wait.

“We didn’t secure that definitively today, so it’ll be a continuing conversation with government.

“But the overall tone is, it continues to be supportive of the city’s infrastructure priorities around LRT.”

Well, there isn’t a signed agreement. Nor should we expect there to be one. The government probably won’t sign papers until a late fall at the earliest. I’d bet a year from now would be a reasonable assumption.

Well, there isn’t a signed agreement. Nor should we expect there to be one. The government probably won’t sign papers until a late fall at the earliest. I’d bet a year from now would be a reasonable assumption.
Indeed. I wouldn't count on papers being signed. I imagine with the blue ribbon paper this fall that capital projects will be the first things that get axed.

Saw a bunch of bricks on the site on 102 ave today. Some of them looked like broken up pieces of the old churchill square slabs. I wonder what they were doing there. This was on around 102 st and 102 ave.

Back