I suppose it comes down to personal taste but I just cannot like this building :(

alas if most people are happy with it that's good then I suppose

I do like the tower a bunch, but (repeats self again, repeats self again)... can't get over the "parking garage" vibe I get from the podium (as seen in AlbertC's pic).

20200906_090623-jpg.268357

The podium feels very dark and dingy, especially for a prominent Yonge St address. The tower turned out better than expected, because the balcony treatment white precast was chosen over a metallic grill material (which was kind of hinted in the renders). Looks sharp, but really wish the location was at the Yonge / Eg corner instead of midblock as it would've given the Minto towers some space and created a better dialogue with E tower.

Davpart's project at 1 Eg East will help fill in that skyline gap between E Condos and 2221 Yonge nicely, whenever that gets going. Although from this angle, Lifetime's 36 Eg West will largely obscure both of them.

While over on the left side of the picture, the numerous projects along the way on Roehampton and Broadway will greatly add a lot more depth and layers to that view.

Back