20200930_153001.jpg

"We need to start a gofundme for a 24 hour camera trained on the site.
AoD"

Wouldn't be suprised if Sam has thought of that. Time-lapse has long been a much-beloved trophy for important builds.

Eons ago the film company I worked with documented the entire CBC Headquarters construction using fairly low tech means (a stationary Nikon on a timer). A couple of thousand pics made a pretty stunning 60 second show.

You know if we record the entire construction on a 24 hour camera we could create a very cool time lapse when it's over.

Can someone tell me what the typical working hours are for construction crews on this type of project? Thanks ahead of time.

7 - 3 is pretty typical. Some sites shift things a little bit if it makes deliveries and logistics easier (it's a lot easier to take big deliveries when there are fewer cars on the road), and some sites will bring in an afternoon or a night shift, but the bulk of the work will be in that 7 - 3 window.

7 - 3 is pretty typical. Some sites shift things a little bit if it makes deliveries and logistics easier (it's a lot easier to take big deliveries when there are fewer cars on the road), and some sites will bring in an afternoon or a night shift, but the bulk of the work will be in that 7 - 3 window.
Yes, most sites are 7-3, with small exceptions for certain things.

One noticeable exception is Centrecourt sites, which operate 7-7. It's a big reason their buildings go up so much quicker than other developers. Costs more though.

Yes, most sites are 7-3, with small exceptions for certain things.

One noticeable exception is Centrecourt sites, which operate 7-7. It's a big reason their buildings go up so much quicker than other developers. Costs more though.

On my morning walks it's very common to see crews show up earlier than that, 6:15-6:30. Typical for all sites in the area.

On my morning walks it's very common to see crews show up earlier than that, 6:15-6:30. Typical for all sites in the area.

The noise at the site under my balcony starts promptly at 6:30-6:45 most mornings, but it's fairly quiet by 3:00 unless there's some specific thing going on later than that.

Otis Technology Lifts Canada's Next Tallest Building: Toronto's 'The ONE'

Otis is providing 11 SkyRise® elevators, eight Gen2® elevators and four SkyBuild construction elevators, which convert to SkyRise elevators when construction is complete.

The SkyBuild construction elevator grows with the building, giving crews indoor access to the highest completed floor and boosting productivity with safe, reliable, fast transportation.

Guess we won't be seeing external construction elevators:

AoD

Guess we won't be seeing external construction elevators:

AoD
FWIW, One Bloor East used KONE Jumplift elevators, which are the same system more or less, but produced by a different brand. And we still had exterior hoists. This might be a case of both systems supplementing each other rather than just one.

Back