The white stucco/EIFS cladding on the floors 3 and up with be difficult to clean and probably look awful (as most light coloured stucco does ) after a few years.

3tgwes.JPG
3wqfrsaw.JPG
berddc.JPG
brerdsza.JPG
3eswsfw.JPG
nbder.JPG

I wonder if developers will start experimenting with ground-level live-work condo units in avenues like this where retail doesn't necessarily make sense.

They already are on this avenue. The condo across the road, Station, have live-work units facing Wilson.
Though I wouldn't call it a success really, the only unit that's been consistently occupied has been the convenience store and pharmacy.

I wonder whether COVID will speed up the move towards more generous sidewalks. The rendering suggest the standard 2m? sidewalk so 2m physical distancing is impossible unless you step onto the grass or road when approaching oncoming pedestrians. After this pandemic there will eventually be another, then another,, etc. Pandemics aside, the need for wider sidewalks is clear.

The one in the rendering is too narrow.

I wonder if developers will start experimenting with ground-level live-work condo units in avenues like this where retail doesn't necessarily make sense.

Could be a shift away from ground floor retail to walk up townhouse units.

Ya, they have been on the third floor of the buildings clearing them out.
They are doing something in the back with a coring machine and a slurry being deposited in the front lawn.

THE TRIBUNAL ORDERS that the Zoning Appeal is allowed, in part, and that the former City of North York Zoning By-law No. 7625, as amended, is hereby amended in the manner set out in Attachment “1” to this Order. The Tribunal authorizes the municipal clerk to format, as may be necessary, and assign a number to this by-law for record keeping purposes

Back