This is an example of poor urban design by the city that cannot support transit to serve any of GO stations in Mississauga. The people north of Sq One will still take the car as it will be faster than the LRT when it starts running fall 2024.

Route 4 is turn into another route 8 and will bring very few riders. 53 may bring a few more riders, but not that many. Route 28 will see the odd rider. Bulk of riders use 103 since it bypass Sq One and 2 will pickup some.

I have made the recommendation that a Mavis bus service the Cooksville Station by the way of Dundas as it will offer 2 types of service. One for GO and the other faster route bypassing Sq One since riders currently have to catch the 2 to Sq One and then the 61. The riders using Dundas will have a faster and short trip using the 61? along Dundas and eliminates a transfer.
In the future (probably decades), building the Missing Middle ( a railway only for freight) can greatly allow the Milton line to become electric and finally have frequent service. I propose an extension of the line North up to City Centre by digging tunnels underneath Hurontario (subway style). Frequent service which easily moves you around Mississauga and outside the city is much needed. More stops and future connection to a Dundas BRT will easily allow customers to get around. The pointer has a great article about this The 'Missing Link' will deliver subway-style train service in Mississauga....

Was at the station on Tuesday to get some shots and see the homeless have setup camp in the elevator areas on the upper floors. There is heat in the elevator area compare to the other areas.

Was able to use both elevators to get to level 5 and 6 that are empty as well from level 3. Only could use one elevator the last time I was there to level 3 only

Lot more cars parked in the parking structure where parking has moved from level 1.5 to level 3 that was 45% used. Level 6 is a small level.

Back