News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I haven't used it yet, but my impression from looking at the photos is that all those twists and bumps to accommodate driveways and parking spots would make me want to just cycle on the road. Still a huge improvement over what was there before.
The transitions are quite smooth, can definitely hit them comfortably at speed.

The transitions are quite smooth, can definitely hit them comfortably at speed.
Yeah, 24th ave is like that too. for the most part the transitions are smooth. I hope they see how these type of cycle tracks weather Calgary freeze/thaw cycles before building too many more of that way. I worry that the transition portions will become potholed or cracked after a while. Fingers crossed they don't.

One thing I do like about these is that on top of being grade separate, you're also a bit higher up.

It looks like the same setup as the cycle track on 24th ave NW. It's definitely an improvement, but it's a shame the path is always going up and down every time you go through an intersection.

My preference of course, is the set up used downtown and the Beltline, but this is the next best thing. Better than the painted cycle lanes or those useless painted chevrons.
Those painted chevrons are nothing more than a waste of white paint. The ones with the solid painted white lanes are better, but so far from my own experience, physically separated lanes are far and away the best way to do it.

The Yoga palace on 16th Ave is under construction again. The good vibes and positive energy has returned.

B7427882-EBFC-4B29-933A-8E91DCD084D1.jpeg

It looks like the same setup as the cycle track on 24th ave NW. It's definitely an improvement, but it's a shame the path is always going up and down every time you go through an intersection.

My preference of course, is the set up used downtown and the Beltline, but this is the next best thing. Better than the painted cycle lanes or those useless painted chevrons.
The cycle path on the north side of 24th has the waviest asphalt. I have to find a way to tell the city so they don’t do the whole street that poorly. Unless they find that acceptable.

Something? n 16 N near Centre…

30897A37-2A8C-4CC1-86ED-D7FB27C85462.jpeg

Back