8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Today. You mean crowds like this?
B0353EDC-1D5D-4687-8B00-8F29A4C19599.jpeg

Good pics!

I thought seating would be the biggest target for saving space.

The other thing I thought they would eat into is General Merchandise (plates, glasses, cookware etc.); did you notice if they were carrying that?

T&T on Cherry St was awesome. When Loblaws took over they went to a self-serve by-weight hot food section - not sure it worked as well as having someone dish out the food for you. I loved the ladies at the counter, always gave me extra onions when asked for "onions are so good for you!". Can't wait to visit the new T&T downtown.

I always love how efficient T&T is with their space, smaller aisles, smaller 'carts', seems like they've done a good job carrying a full line in this smaller store.

Just looking at the store, I'm fascinated how many design elements have been lifted from the current Loblaws brand design.

The extensive use of black, the light fixture style and open ceiling (to be fair, common in the industry in recent years)...........

But really, it looks very Loblaws in certain respects, except, where Loblaws uses orange, T&T uses green.

There are several other points of distinction in presentation and product.........but this is the most Loblaws-like T&T I remember seeing.

Just looking at the store, I'm fascinated how many design elements have been lifted from the current Loblaws brand design.

The extensive use of black, the light fixture style and open ceiling (to be fair, common in the industry in recent years)...........

But really, it looks very Loblaws in certain respects, except, where Loblaws uses orange, T&T uses green.

There are several other points of distinction in presentation and product.........but this is the most Loblaws-like T&T I remember seeing.
Probably cost savings, to not change the look of the store too much from the previous banner occupying the site?

Probably cost savings, to not change the look of the store too much from the previous banner occupying the site?

Certainly possible.

The previous new T&T opened in Calgary last winter, and used a different style of lighting and white its ceiling colour.

Still not fully confirmed as the renderings are unverified, but a Farm Boy location may potentially be opening up at "The Commons at MetroCentre", which is the Wellington facing tower of Metro Hall.

Still not fully confirmed as the renderings are unverified, but a Farm Boy location may potentially be opening up at "The Commons at MetroCentre", which is the Wellington facing tower of Metro Hall.

As I recall (it's been awhile) but Farm Boy and LCBO were actually on the hoarding in Metro Centre.

It would be unusual for those logos to be painted in if they were lessees.

But stranger things have happened.

Farm Boy - Aukland location is opening Thursday, September 16th at 5245 Dundas Street West.

(north of the Kipling subway station, on the 2nd floor at the corner of Aukland Road and Dundas Street)

Back