Heights:
1x 45s, 1x 42s, 5x 36s, 1x 30s, 1x 28s

The height of the tallest building is 156.4m

Phasing:
Phase I:
Block 2: 136 Eglinton Avenue East - Building A (42s) and Building B (36s)
Phase II: Block 3: 105 Elia Avenue - Building A (36s) and Building B (36s)
Phase III: Block 5: 110 Elia Avenue - Building A (28s)
Phase IV: Block 4: 4615 Hurontario Street - Building A (36s) and Building B (30s)
Phase V: Block 1: 22, 35, 55 Elia Avenue - Building A (45s) and Building B (36s)

Elia Land.jpg

img146.jpg

img147.jpg

img148.jpg

img149.jpg

img150.jpg

Site:
Planned buildout to the existing plaza (on the right):

Site.jpg

Preliminary heights on the plaza lands include: 1x 50s, 2x 45s, 4x 36s, 3x 30s. Also includes a community space, plaza, and park space.

Development Application (under Ward 4, "4615 Hurontario St[...]":

Urban Design Study
Planning & Urban Design Rationale
Site Plan & Circulation

Attachments

• Elia Land.jpg
    Elia Land.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 114
  • img146.jpg
    img146.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 104
  • img147.jpg
    img147.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 99
  • img148.jpg
    img148.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 99
  • img149.jpg
    img149.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 99
  • img150.jpg
    img150.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
One reason why the area is call Mississauga Uptown. There are 2 different sites for Pinnacle that will see 5 towers.

Both plaza on the east side are to be redevelop. . As to when and what, that unknown at this time..

The sad part is the new residents will drive to Cooksville GO Station since it will be faster than using the LRT and more so if the loop gets built. I still plan on using the bus if I am going north of Sq One as it will be faster than the LRT once it up and running end of 2024.
The more development I see on Hurontario the more I agree with you that the lrt stop for square one should be off of Hurontario. I don’t know blow up the Walmart and its parking garage and make a new mall entrance.

From a planning perspective, this is about as dull and dry as you can get. It literally looks like Mississauga's version of Concord CityPlace (ie: just typical tower and podium zones repeated X times with no special features whatsoever.

From a planning perspective, this is about as dull and dry as you can get. It literally looks like Mississauga's version of Concord CityPlace (ie: just typical tower and podium zones repeated X times with no special features whatsoever.
I’m not as picky. I guess I’m more concerned that they get sq1 and the lake right. That’s what matters the most.

Was just about to make a thread on this and then I found this thread.

I find this a weird proposal... I'm all for densification, but the location is a bit odd here. Being on the backside of what is essentially a large strip mall is a bit strange... some of the ground level renders look nice. If it ends up being all mixed use as it seems to be it could function well.

Leaves me feeling like that strip mall will inevitably be redeveloped as well.

If we have mixed use, commercial on the bottom buildings, how much do we really need strip malls?

I'm assuming the buildings designs will change as well and the renders are purely for massing purposes.

Anyone know the status of this proposal?

Was just about to make a thread on this and then I found this thread.

I find this a weird proposal... I'm all for densification, but the location is a bit odd here. Being on the backside of what is essentially a large strip mall is a bit strange... some of the ground level renders look nice. If it ends up being all mixed use as it seems to be it could function well.

Leaves me feeling like that strip mall will inevitably be redeveloped as well.

If we have mixed use, commercial on the bottom buildings, how much do we really need strip malls?

I'm assuming the buildings designs will change as well and the renders are purely for massing purposes.

Anyone know the status of this proposal?
This image from the first post in the thread shows the initial proposal plus an ultimate buildout where the plaza is replaced too:

site-jpg.348663

This image from the first post in the thread shows the initial proposal plus an ultimate buildout where the plaza is replaced too:

site-jpg.348663

I did not see that. Nice. That makes a lot of sense.

This whole Eglinton-Hurontario intersection is going to feel very different in the coming years. So much getting developed/redeveloped!

Back