On a “wim” I meant to type. These photos are just snaps, moments, views, vistas....memories in an ever changing built environment.

Probably not at least until the Sky Tower hits ground level.

Ohhhh...so you think it will be that soon? Or once skytower is maybe like midway? I haven't heard anything about the third building so I thought maybe it wouldn't be for a year or more because I was thinking they still have sell 80% or whatever before they start building.

Ohhhh...so you think it will be that soon? Or once skytower is maybe like midway? I haven't heard anything about the third building so I thought maybe it wouldn't be for a year or more because I was thinking they still have sell 80% or whatever before they start building.
Yeah, I agree with you. When I said "at least", I meant at the earliest. It'll probably be longer. I do believe they will sell the units in the 3rd tower really quickly, if they haven't already.

They won't be starting Phase 3 until the Bay onramp demolition and Harbour Street realignment is complete, neither of which have even begun -- so it's at least a couple of years away.

And there you have it. Thanks for clarifying. Didn't even know they were demolishing the Bay on ramp or realigning Harbour Street.

The Harbour realignment has to be much more than a couple years away, no? I don't think the design is even finalized, and they can't even start to really connect Harbour until Sugar Wharf is fully built out. Unless you just mean the Harbour/Yonge intersection?

The Bay on ramp demolition is scheduled fairly soon from what I remember, but the Yonge St off ramp is probably years away.

If Toronto had half a brain they would wait until the Cherry off ramp is re-opened, but that isn't until 2030... so I suspect we are going to see a year or two where there are no off ramps between Simcoe and Bayview-Bloor.

The Harbour realignment has to be much more than a couple years away, no? I don't think the design is even finalized, and they can't even start to really connect Harbour until Sugar Wharf is fully built out. Unless you just mean the Harbour/Yonge intersection?

I don't think it was specified exactly how far the Harbour St work needs to go before they can get going on Phase 3, but the intersection realignment would probably be enough (and possibly also the Yonge to Freeland connection as well to help with traffic and Phase 1 accessibility, but that's just my own speculation -- no idea if the City has any interest in doing Harbour St. in phases like that).

At the community consultation meeting back in January, one of the Pinnacle reps mentioned that they hoped the City would start the onramp demolition by the end of the year, but that's not looking very likely now. A couple of years away for Phase 3 might be optimistic.

If Toronto had half a brain they would wait until the Cherry off ramp is re-opened, but that isn't until 2030... so I suspect we are going to see a year or two where there are no off ramps between Simcoe and Bayview-Bloor.
If they closed Simcoe and Spadina too, it would do wonders for downtown traffic congestion :)

I could be wrong, but I thought there was something in the consultations about not wanting to realign Harbour until it was more or less complete, because of the traffic impacts. Like, a temporarily connected detour through Freeland wouldn't offer nearly the same traffic throughput as the existing configuration.

But also, many consultations over many years, crossed with many evolving plans. Maybe I've got myself mixed up about this

The Bay on ramp demolition is scheduled fairly soon from what I remember, but the Yonge St off ramp is probably years away.

Not to get off topic, but how many ramps are they demolishing?? Sounds like there will be no on or off ramps between DVP and Spadina.

tempImagefXBuQD.jpg

First building starting to make an impression from above! AC707, September 15th.

Back