News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Who knew overpriced cookies could be so lucrative?

I had them once, although I didn't pay for them myself. The flavours are there, but at ~$30 for a dozen it's certainly on the pricier side. Maybe as a once in a while splurge treat, but they seem more suitable as a gift item to get for someone else. They look to have chosen locations strategically to where markets may be suitable for them, but at some point it makes you think if they're reaching over expansion.

% Arabica Coffee is planning to open at Yorkdale around December 2021/January 2022.
1631912148730.png

Last edited:
Marc Jacobs and Laderach Chocolatier Suisse opened last month in January. They replaced the former Davids Footwear and Godiva stores respectively.

Lucid Motors, Emporio Armani, TWG Tea and Acne Studios also have store openings on the way:

Footwear and clothing brand, Allbirds, will be opening at Yorkdale in the former location of the Korean skincare store named Innisfree;

Spanish fashion brand, Mango, are opening at the former unit of Victoria's Secret at Yorkdale. It'll be a 11,000 sq ft store at the corner location facing Hudson’s Bay and Harry Rosen.

They plan on opening 6 stores across in the GTA beginning this year and into 2023:

Spanish fashion brand, Mango, are opening at the former unit of Victoria's Secret at Yorkdale. It'll be a 11,000 sq ft store at the corner location facing Hudson’s Bay and Harry Rosen.

They plan on opening 6 stores across in the GTA beginning this year and into 2023:

Don't they mean re-entering the Canadian market? Or did Retail Insider forget they had stores here before?

Don't they mean re-entering the Canadian market? Or did Retail Insider forget they had stores here before?
You are correct, they originally entered Canada in 2004 (also had a store in Yorkdale), then pulled out and have been in select Bay stores since then.

Back