Wonder if Altree are taking a pass on this project. Their website states this as "completed", which appears to be the term that they (and Marlin Spring) use when no longer planning on following through with the development anymore and have looked towards selling it.

Wonder if Altree are taking a pass on this project. Their website states this as "completed", which appears to be the term that they (and Marlin Spring) use when no longer planning on following through with the development anymore and have looked towards selling it.

Something is happening there today. I drove by and there are soil sample trucks on-site in the North-East corner.

I live in the area (Lawrence Park/Blythwood) and walked by today: still very much a parking lot.

I moved to Toronto from Europe (Budapest), and I find it fascinating how long the planning-approval process can take here, especially given the fact that there is a housing crisis with demand seriously outstripping supply.

2851 Yonge is not the only project in the area that hasn't even started even though plans have been drawn up over half a decade ago. Just a few meters from this parking lot, on the other side of Yonge is 41 Chatsworth (https://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/41-chatsworth) that isn't being built. Both would represent the "missing middle" and it makes me really wonder what forces are putting the brakes on these projects?

I love the massing. Something very human about the scale. I yearn for this on all our avenues, and a less denser version (1/2 should work) on residential streets close to main avenues, sloping down to three stories across much of the yellow belt. You might say I'm a dreamer.

Back