innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I'm going to start making a few Hamilton threads here that don't already exist on SRC - that way I'm not duplicating existing work.

2x30 storey buildings here, rentals by Kaneff. This is one of the many large surface lots to the north of Downtown Hamilton. you'll notice a theme of 28-30 storey buildings in the proposals I post, as that's the height limit in downtown Hamilton.

8eji9S4h.jpg

ACtC-3dCvEXaE3207QllrnjAo1TK0AmA8_T_cAlodf-Z41LHQeao2BTMcEjXsPkOSt7NEutkoRf0FMdEPSxvYOi0CRVoXnfUO3MK7keSusM6-a0U5Jzs398jdtsj7yX9w6_Et-4a9LvP3gCLZxGBP-7ORwDN=w1173-h759-no

ACtC-3dRtqFRWqx8T910HSC7wEUrpla3yrbB5LMIOGr-vlJ9O9WLycYSYodL5NA9_B-psrNpFrpyw6M8tGj4jpZIhZeqY_JH6yu5UJu7wJ0dEHTmFJKQ2aZso_HbkXodG9DVNz_lh2r4egME8hF6-NKJ7xtc=w1174-h759-no

Fairly unserious bump, but I know a few Hamiltonians have joined UT recently so bringing this thread forward so people can keep tabs on it. I know that as of Q1 2022, the design has changed moderately (massing is the same) but it has likely changed since then once more. Like with the other project on this lot fronting Rebecca, seems to be quiet here.

The intersection at John and Wilson will be unrecognizable when all of these are done. No longer a barren wasteland

Last I heard these were on hold - but that may have changed. The rental building landscape has changed a lot in the last few months.
I've heard that the recent changes have helped a few rental developments get going again. And with rent prices the way they are, purpose-built rental buildings are finally making sense again.

Oh man I would love to see a grocery store here, everything else looks decent especially the ground floor realm!

Funny in the latest render there is a parking lot instead of the park behind club 77. Yes the park is mostly asphalt but doesn't have cars anymore.

I liked the previous renders more than these later ones. The streetscape / lower eight floors looks alright , but the new tower design is exceedingly dull. If a little more flair was given to the tower's upper parts, it could be an all-round winner.
It's great seeing these parking lots getting developed - they've been such an alienating depressant for so long. So much potential!

Back