innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
30 storeys, 95m, 110 hotel rooms and 242 apartment units. Only 8 parking spots on site with the remainder to be provided in the above ground parking garage next door in The Marquee. Looks like 95m tall to parapet. A wonderful 18m tower separation distance from the Marquee.

P6I9e9v.png

iMltPnz.png

yexWHa1.png

HRQhxff.png

xeZiiom.png

A2yNAk0.png

6CZ9cxh.png

bfZnroV.png

HVW0yvd.png

w8VAW23.png

tjJ1KgW.png

hHZMsFQ.png

NKfhqgQ.png

okyzSnv.png

KnV9jcE.png

Dv56DbP.png

Last edited by a moderator:
30 storeys, 95m, 110 hotel rooms and 242 apartment units. Only 8 parking spots on site with the remainder to be provided in the above ground parking garage next door in The Marquee. Looks like 95m tall to parapet. A wonderful 18m tower separation distance from the Marquee.

P6I9e9v.png

iMltPnz.png

yexWHa1.png

HRQhxff.png

xeZiiom.png

A2yNAk0.png

6CZ9cxh.png

bfZnroV.png

HVW0yvd.png

w8VAW23.png

tjJ1KgW.png

hHZMsFQ.png

NKfhqgQ.png

okyzSnv.png

KnV9jcE.png

Dv56DbP.png

Looks like that along with the McMaster building going up next door, this will make this block Hamilton's most dense by far. Hope to see more density over those parking lots in the future, it goes a long way in repairing the urban fabric.

I also just want to say I'd be really glad to see Hamilton posts back here, cause I do follow Hamilton projects (on skyrise cities) but I want to be able to interact with posts without needing to create a separate skyrise account for the forum over there, so them being here would be nice.

I enjoy seeing all the cities (outside of Toronto) also gaining their own urban identity, as it means for more interesting local places to visit in the future, and more importantly more options for people to live in walkable, livable communities without having Toronto as the only option for that.

Hamilton is a good example of that potential for the future and it's interesting to watch.

This has been converted to be entirely residential:

Application resubmitted to construct a 30 storey mixed-use building with 348 dwelling units, 391 sqm of retail space and 195 parking spaces within the above grade parking garage at 20 George St.

...and it was fairly ugly to begin with, IMO. >.<

The database has been updated with the latest renders. The height increased slightly from 93.5m to 94.3m.

So this project no longer has a rental portion, it is just hotel + ground-level retail?

So this project no longer has a rental portion, it is just hotel + ground-level retail?
It'll be an apartment building when it's complete. The developer does this odd thing where they get permits for all their buildings as hotels then switch them to residential later, for whatever reason. Probably to lower some sort of fee.

Back