The gray on the right hand side is really bland both in colour and texture. And is it me, or does the windows not line up vertically?

Ideally I wanted to get more up close detailed street side photos, but around here is where I got assaulted for the first time in my life (anywhere in the world).

I stood my ground though, as I'm a big boy now. And didn't escalate it as I'll give the fella benefit of the doubt since he appeared to be under an influence.

20210721_122556.jpg

Good for you @AlbertC, sounds like you handled it well… but please, no-one risk life nor limb to get photos for us all! The building will be there next time, so make sure you're able to return too. (This goes quadruply so if you're photographing Strada: remember that you're already risking the mental health and visual cortexes of everyone who will see those photos, don't also endanger your own life too for that one.)

Good for you @AlbertC, sounds like you handled it well… but please, no-one risk life nor limb to get photos for us all! The building will be there next time, so make sure you're able to return too. (This goes quadruply so if you're photographing Strada: remember that you're already risking the mental health and visual cortexes of everyone who will see those photos, don't also endanger your own life too for that one.)

TBH, I'd be more shook at the notion of having to walk by Strada again. I'll likely need to rehab the rest of the work week by studying BIG's portfolio online or reflecting on Francine Houben's brilliant presentation for Mecanoo's vision on Trinity College's expansion at U of T from attending it a few years ago. :)

It's a shame they didn't go with the same facade as the neighbouring building. This doesn't look very good.

1602 QUEEN ST E
Ward 14: Toronto-Danforth

To alter the existing 6 storey mixed use building by converting the ground level commercial units into live-work space.

Not convinced this is appropriate for this space. We need Main Street retail vibrancy. There are sections of major retail roads that have this for a block or two and so-be-it, I guess, though I'd prefer it be confined to smaller streets or those generally lacking in retail.

But to me, this is a retail block, and I don't like the idea of interrupting it.

Back