News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Not sure if anyone else posted but some of the double tracking through Guelph Central. I'm not sure to whar extent the rest of the kitchener line through the Guelph sub will be double tracked
20211012_150317.jpg
20211012_150403.jpg

Not sure if anyone else posted but some of the double tracking through Guelph Central. I'm not sure to whar extent the rest of the kitchener line through the Guelph sub will be double tracked
View attachment 355318View attachment 355319
It’s going to be double track from the station to the Hanlon Expressway (the bridge can support 2 tracks). Waiting for the bridges to be replaced at Norfolk and Wilson. I emailed metrolinx and they send the 2 platform tender should be going out soon. So that should happen by next spring.

It’s going to be double track from the station to the Hanlon Expressway (the bridge can support 2 tracks). Waiting for the bridges to be replaced at Norfolk and Wilson. I emailed metrolinx and they send the 2 platform tender should be going out soon. So that should happen by next spring.
Are you taking about the old one to the new one being double track??

The old bridge and by the looks of the new one by photos shot at night, it still single track. The support has always been able to support 2 tracks and don't know if there was every a 2nd track bridge these.

Are you taking about the old one to the new one being double track??

The old bridge and by the looks of the new one by photos shot at night, it still single track. The support has always been able to support 2 tracks and don't know if there was every a 2nd track bridge these.
What??? I’m talking about these bridge spans Dropped pin https://goo.gl/maps/rCUSiGSCNdTZ3xX39 At Wilson and Norfolk (NOT Speed River) that are slated for replacement by Metrolinx. These 2 spans have one track but are wide enough for a 2nd track right now but are old and need to be replaced. The 2nd track is currently in place to Wyndham st and is used as a sliding by rail cars for grading cars (gravel is in them) and other equipment. There’s no sense in laying the 2nd track west right now when Wilson and Norfolk Spans will be replaced. Metrolinx has cleared the land of bush but won’t do anything else until those spans are replaced.

What??? I’m talking about these bridge spans Dropped pin https://goo.gl/maps/rCUSiGSCNdTZ3xX39 At Wilson and Norfolk (NOT Speed River) that are slated for replacement by Metrolinx. These 2 spans have one track but are wide enough for a 2nd track right now but are old and need to be replaced. The 2nd track is currently in place to Wyndham st and is used as a sliding by rail cars for grading cars (gravel is in them) and other equipment. There’s no sense in laying the 2nd track west right now when Wilson and Norfolk Spans will be replaced. Metrolinx has cleared the land of bush but won’t do anything else until those spans are replaced.
Not very clear which bridge you were talking about and not aware of Norfolk and Wilson bridge work.

^To repeat what has been posted before, the double track in Guelph is expected to run from Hanlon to the depot. That gives a nice long passing zone which enables a couple minutes of contingency in the schedules. The other bridges in that zone will be renewed in the near future. No other double tracking will happen at this time.

If you look at the peak schedules, that Guelph passing track alone will not enable counter peak service, because the headways will not allow a counter peak train to run Georgetown to Guelph without doing some additional passing. Same with Guelph-kitchener. Apparently, additional sidings are in the works. I was told procurement for these is also imminent, not sure if it’s one big tender for all the work vs multiple.

It’s happening, one step at a time.But full double tracking is a long ways off.a

- Paul

^To repeat what has been posted before, the double track in Guelph is expected to run from Hanlon to the depot. That gives a nice long passing zone which enables a couple minutes of contingency in the schedules. The other bridges in that zone will be renewed in the near future. No other double tracking will happen at this time.

If you look at the peak schedules, that Guelph passing track alone will not enable counter peak service, because the headways will not allow a counter peak train to run Georgetown to Guelph without doing some additional passing. Same with Guelph-kitchener. Apparently, additional sidings are in the works. I was told procurement for these is also imminent, not sure if it’s one big tender for all the work vs multiple.

It’s happening, one step at a time.But full double tracking is a long ways off.a

- Paul

Speaking of Guelph.... cc @Krypto98

Back