artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from DevApp:

"To construct 8-storey and 10-storey residential buildings connected by a 4-storey podium. There will be a total of 205 residential units and 235 parking spaces."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=VpJhNEK5n3s1ek32Qa3iKw==

Elevation drawing is taken from the architectural plan via the Minor Variance Application:

PLN-CA Plans - JUN 3  2020-13.jpg

Taken from DevApp:

"To construct 8-storey and 10-storey residential buildings connected by a 4-storey podium. There will be a total of 205 residential units and 235 parking spaces."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=VpJhNEK5n3s1ek32Qa3iKw==

Elevation drawing is taken from the architectural plan via the Minor Variance Application:

View attachment 351690

Interesting that this one slipped under our collective radar............

Aerial Pic w/context:

1632760199283.png

Site size: ~ 0.44ha/1.1 acres

I don't know if readers will be able to make this out in the pic above, but there is a very clear 'desire line' (well worn foot path) that runs across the site, I would hope the plan incorporates a N-S pedestrian connection across the site.

I'm looking at the plans now and it's a challenge to ascertain. There is a fire route on one side, but not clear (to me) is whether the site will feature fencing along the rear lot line. There are no landscape plans online that I can see.

Of note is the parking, more parking spaces than units is rare these days...............This site is only 2 blocks from a proposed Eglinton West LRT station. (Scarlett).

I think the number of spaces is excessive in light of that.

Based on the cover letter, it looks like this will be a condo.

Site history:

The subject land was originally approved for a residential development that consisted of a 10 storey Retirement Home Tower and an 8 storey Senior’s Condominium Tower connected by a 2 storey podium. The proposal included a total of 219 residential units mix of 89 senior’s condominium units and 130 assisted living units. The Minor Variance application to approve this development was originally refused at the Committee of Adjustment on June 14th, 2007 and it was later approved by the OMB on June 4th, 2009, See Schedule “A” for the OMB Decision.

The Site Plan Control application was also approved in 2009 and the Site Plan Agreement was made on January 19th, 2010, see schedule “B” for the Site Plan Agreement. In 2018, the owner of the property has decided to revise the proposal. A Zoning Review of the current proposal has been issued on March 11th 2020 and a minor variance application is required to permit the proposed residential development.

The current proposal is also for a Residential development which consists of two mid-rise condominium buildings that are 8 storeys and 10 storeys in height connected by a 4 storeys podium.

Are there any updates on this project?

In a word, 'No'.

To be more specific.

There are no updated documents in the AIC concerning this site (planning documents).

There are also no permits requests for constructions purposes based on the Building Permit Status page.

Back