News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A candidate for rustiest street sign in Toronto; taken on my walk yesterday:

View attachment 350090
You can always send a report to 311 and it will (eventually) be junked and a new blue & white one installed. Then in a decade or sooner UT will be filled with 'where are all the old style street sign" questions. (See: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/illuminated-toronto-street-signs.15853/ and https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/street-signs.13896/ )

D9178223-83BE-4A39-86A5-6701CCA57269.jpeg

I noticed fresh bright orange spray paint on sidewalks all over downtown this week. I’m now seeing the follow-up. Hoping it’s just temporary until a proper fix?

View attachment 364216
I noticed fresh bright orange spray paint on sidewalks all over downtown this week. I’m now seeing the follow-up. Hoping it’s just temporary until a proper fix?
The REAL problem is that there is LOTS of orange paint but then they run out of enthusiasm, asphalt or time. I have seen trip hazards spray-painted for 2 or 3 years in a row and nothing further ever happens! (Except that the paint fades in a month or so...)

The REAL problem is that there is LOTS of orange paint but then they run out of enthusiasm, asphalt or time. I have seen trip hazards spray-painted for 2 or 3 years in a row and nothing further ever happens! (Except that the paint fades in a month or so...)
File a complaint through 311.

File a complaint through 311.

They are not doing much currently.

I wanted to report a basketball net being placed in the roadway by my neighbors but was told that staff had been reassigned. The problem I had is that it was right at the intersection of two side streets and would present problems for snow plows in the water (who would likely not be able to pass it).

I was looking at some pictures of Toronto circa 1970.

Not much has changed.

Except it's shabbier now than it was then.
If you actually remembered TO in the 1970s I doubt you would think that! I used to visit quite often and, though I do remember less litter and homeless folk, it was the most boring place imaginable and NOT pretty! Montreal, where I lived, was (certainly after 1976) quite uninteresting too but theirs was a shabby chic whereas here it was just shabby!

City of Toronto waste receptacles are notorious for being in bad condition, but this one takes the cake. Seen on the eastbound St. Clair streetcar platform at Lansdowne:

20211120_083638.jpg

Back