Us to Concord: Just dissolve already.

Concord to us: Reduce floor heights, add noise to façade to reduce expenses and increase unit count, while sticking gimmicky stuff that won't age well on every new tower?

Us to Concord: Just dissolve already.

Concord to us: Reduce floor heights, add noise to façade to reduce expenses and increase unit count, while sticking gimmicky stuff that won't age well on every new tower?
Where are they reducing floor heights?

From CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/27/business/china-overseas-debts-evergrande-intl-hnk/index.html

Hong Kong (CNN Business)
Beijing is making one thing clear to the country's embattled property developers: Pay your debts. All of them.

Two major economic and finance agencies on Tuesday called on companies in "key industries" to redeem the principal and interest on their overseas bonds, according to a government statement.

Regulators from the National Development and Reform Commission — the country's top economic planner — and the State Administration of Foreign Exchange delivered the message to companies in a meeting on Tuesday. They did not say which firms were in attendance.

But the timing is notable: Just days ago, property giant Evergrande paid $83.5 million worth of overdue interest on a dollar-denominated bond that was due last month, just as a 30-day grace period was about to expire. (Evergrande didn't comment publicly on the payment, but it was reported in Chinese state media.)

The Evergrande payment suggested that the developer is getting serious about meeting its debt obligations with overseas bondholders.

From G & M https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...ngrades-two-chinese-developers-with-projects/

Two Chinese property companies with major Canadian condominium projects under development were hit with another credit downgrade this week, a sign of their weakening financial position amid China’s property-market downturn.

S&P Global Ratings cut Greenland Holdings Group’s credit to a B+ speculative rating from BB, meaning the developer is more vulnerable to adverse business, financial and economic conditions but currently has the capacity to meet financial obligations.

“The negative outlook on Greenland reflects our expectation that the company’s cash could continue to deplete over the next 12 months due to weaker sales and cash collection,” S&P said in a note accompanying the downgrade.

S&P also reduced China Aoyuan Group Ltd.’s debt assessment this week to B from B+, saying it expected the developer to have a harder time reducing its debt levels.

I'd expect Greenland to sell here, though no doubt they'll hold on till the last possible moment.

I just got an ad for this project on Instagram. Thing’s are still moving on this project

4FBEAC75-5B37-45B1-A391-497C2247F9C6.jpeg

I just got an ad for this project on Instagram. Thing’s are still moving on this project

View attachment 364149
An ad does not mean things are moving. In the grand scheme of things advertising costs very little. There's plenty of reasons to advertise a building, even if you're going under or have to sell.

Additionally this advertisement is sponsored by square yards, it says so at the top. I don't know much about square yards other than that they're a real estate group. It's possible the advertisement has nothing to do with greenland itself.

Last edited:

View attachment 364149
An ad does not mean things r moving. In the grand scheme of things advertising costs very little. There's plenty of reasons to advertise a building, even if you're under or have to sell.

Additionally this advertisement is sponsored by square yards, it says so at the top. I don't know much about square yards other than that they're a real estate group. It's possible the advertisement has nothing to do with greenland itself.

Permits still aren't issued according to the City's site.

Construction was active on this site just a few days ago. Not buzzing, but about a dozen workers moving about. Maybe just to maintain the site?

Others in the industry may be better suited to speak to this; but off-hand, I can only think of some environmental works that can be done without a City permit (soil remediation).

Back