News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I admit that despite being fully vaccinated, the thought of sitting in a packed restaurant or bar without open windows certainly gives me some pause.

Now that cases are back around the 500 mark, people might start thinking twice before dining out. :(

Now that cases are back around the 500 mark, people might start thinking twice before dining out. :(

Meh, that's just the weekend peak. We almost always see numbers go up just before the weekend, only to be the lowest on Tuesdays. Symptoms from a weekend infection will usually start showing up 4-5 days later, and that's when people will decide to get tested.

Data is lumpy. The seven-day average (and Rt) still keeps dropping, and that's the most important part.

It's a bit of an odd experience going to malls. Square One is my point of reference.

The food court seating area is roped off and vaccine status is checked prior to entry into it. As expected. So far so good.

But everywhere else in the mall, people are sitting around wherever they can chowing down on their Tim Hortons and other takeout. Even saw someone standing right next to food court eating out of takeout dish. Others walking around drinking or eating. Obviously all maskless... Even the people working in some stores, especially the kiosks, are standing around chatting with each other with their masks down.

C'est la vie. I take my food back to the office to eat. Haven't had to use my proof of vax yet.

It's a bit of an odd experience going to malls. Square One is my point of reference.

The food court seating area is roped off and vaccine status is checked prior to entry into it. As expected. So far so good.

But everywhere else in the mall, people are sitting around wherever they can chowing down on their Tim Hortons and other takeout. Even saw someone standing right next to food court eating out of takeout dish. Others walking around drinking or eating. Obviously all maskless... Even the people working in some stores, especially the kiosks, are standing around chatting with each other with their masks down.

C'est la vie. I take my food back to the office to eat. Haven't had to use my proof of vax yet.

I used it once (pre-QR version) - was glad to see the waitress taking it seriously (checking both my ID and the proof of vax). I wasn't so impressed by some of the diners though - who were utterly oblivious and had to be herded. I can see some restaurant operators whatever it away.

AoD

Reactions: vic
Here's a new mask excuse from UK:
Conservative MPs don't need to wear masks during debates because they know each other, Jacob Rees-Mogg has said.
The Commons leader said the party's "convivial, fraternal spirit" meant they were acting in line with government Covid guidance.
This guidance says people in England should cover their faces around "people you don't normally meet".
Tory MPs have largely ditched masks in recent months, but are being urged by opposition parties to wear them.

Reactions: DSC
In the meantime, the SK government is being rather laissez-faire about COVID. I am not sure why anyone should help them if Moe refuse to do their part.

AoD
Rather heartless, you want to deny aid to the COVID victims and see more deaths/long-COVID? As much as their policy is really stupid, billing the province is the best way to not kill more people.

Rather heartless, you want to deny aid to the COVID victims and see more deaths/long-COVID? As much as their policy is really stupid, billing the province is the best way to not kill more people.

I don't do heart, especially not with politicians beholden by anti-vaxxers almost 2 years after a pandemic and refuse to do what's necessary to keep their own house in order even now (unlike Alberta, which begrudgingly did). They should know better.

AoD

Last edited:
I don't do heart, especially not with politicians beholden by anti-vaxxers almost 2 years after a pandemic and refuse to do what's necessary to keep their own house in order even now (unlike Alberta, which begrudgingly did). They should know better.

AoD
We're not playing with politicians (I'm all for punishing politicians, but it needs to be done at the polls) - we're playing with COVID patients.

I was criticized during the spring/summer for advocating for a more open approach - for playing politics with lives. I see this proposal this way (there are other ways to push provinces to take responsibility).

Edit: I want to ask one more question. What would you be trying to achieve with this move?

Last edited:
We're not playing with politicians (I'm all for punishing politicians, but it needs to be done at the polls) - we're playing with COVID patients.

I was criticized during the spring/summer for advocating for a more open approach - for playing politics with lives. I see this proposal this way (there are other ways to push provinces to take responsibility).
By now, most of the ICU patients are unvaccinated. It's their choice and their right as they quite loudly proclaim.

I do think those who can't be vaccinated (for example <12 years), and or vaccinated who catch it (and end up in hospital/ICU) should get military help. Those who had their surgeries cancelled (because the unvaccinated refused to get vaccinated and thus created a problem for everyone else) should be given help from the military. Those need any non-medical hospital help should get military help.

The good thing is triage may come soon in Saskatchewan anyways, so just statistically, unvaccinated people suffering severe COVID likely will get deprioritized, since their chance of survival is lower statistically.

Last edited:

Back