Scary as hell hearing about the collapse while just hours before I drove by that thing. Glad it's safely down but still another one close to the street to go.

20211007_163430.jpg

Screenshot_20211020-021148_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211020-021158_Gallery.jpg

20211012_173125.jpg

Unless these buildings were structurally unsound it seems like a terrible waste of materials and effort not to repurpose them. I believe some of the excess office space near Eglinton and the DVP was converted into condos. Future density could have been added between the office blocks.

Unless these buildings were structurally unsound it seems like a terrible waste of materials and effort not to repurpose them. I believe some of the excess office space near Eglinton and the DVP was converted into condos. Future density could have been added between the office blocks.
A lot of the office blocks at eglinton and the DVP have also been demolished. Suburban 416 office space just doesn’t really lease up anymore.

A lot of the office blocks at eglinton and the DVP have also been demolished. Suburban 416 office space just doesn’t really lease up anymore.
Those buildings have been updated a number of times over the last decade or so, but needn't were fully occupy. Used to have a monthly meeting there for years until the company move elsewhere.

Even with the 427 next door as well the 401, QEQ and the Gardiner, still couldn't lease space. The building is showing its age and far cheaper to tear it down and built something else with a better return on the investment.

If you can more use per square foot with better land use and height, better return for you.

Most people working in or visiting those buildings came by car, not transit considering East Mall service was every 10 minutes and 30 for Bloor.

All that material will be recycle and be use for something else.

No one can force someone to setup an office where they don't want to in the first place and why you are seeing many older buildings being torn down or becoming a mixed development, A fair number of office buildings have become residential only.

That's a surprisingly large and deep underground garage in a suburban location, and one of the larger underground garages I can remember getting demolished. Anyone else remember seeing a 3-level garage get the wrecking ball in the city?

There used to be a GoodLife Fitness in there. Did they move somewhere else nearby?
There's another location on the other side of the 427 across from the Metro warehouse.

It's interesting that some people in this thread are claiming these towers are coming down because there's no market for suburban, office space. Yet Starlight Investments is getting ready to construct an office tower not far from these buildings, on the western side of the 427.

Last edited:

Back