What a loss in a project. This had great style and would have made the area 10x nicer. It would have looked beautiful at street level. Is there a way or Can we get a listed of examples or something of what is to be realistically expected style wise for towers and structures in this city. Or pass a law that say you can only produce a render of what would be approved. And then built. This process of here our idea ... no try again... here’s our new idea... no try again. This is a ridiculous waste of time money and effort.
Completely agree. I'm not sure what shadow impacts this project might have, but it's definitely beautiful. We definitely need design policies in this city, and we need to focus on bad developments rather than rejecting the best ones.

New renderings are updated in the database! The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval.
Height changed from 105.36m to the new height of 105.17m; however, the parking count and unit count remain unchanged. The new renderings appear to be in a much higher definition.

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 1  2021-191.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 1  2021-190.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 1  2021-189.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 1  2021-188.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 1  2021-187.jpg

From Mike Layton’s newsletter:

Virtual Community Information Session: 208 Bloor Street West Development Application​

Plaza Partners and BDP Quadrangle are hosting a Community Information Meeting to inform you about the revised application for a residential building at 208 Bloor St W.

When: Thursday, April 28
Time: 6:00pm-7:30pm
Link: Please click here.

Visit the project website to view the revised proposal, submit your questions, and register for the virtual meeting.

Renderings are updated in the database. The storey count changed from 28 storeys to 34 storeys. Height changed from 105.36m to 115.10m. Total unit count changed from 46 units to 142 units. Finally, the total parking count changed from 12 car parking to 0 car parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via rezoning:

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 15  2023-273.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 15  2023-274.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 15  2023-275.jpg

This proposed block is really giving me Buenos Aires vibes. Tall distinct towers with narrow frontages and balconies. I wish we had more of this typology in Toronto rather than block-busting mega developments.
True. What I also love about this (regardless of whether the facade stays or not) is that there isn't an enormous ugly block of a podium that Toronto just seems to have to do all too often.

Back