225-229 Queen Street east and 120-134 Sherbourne are now in play for redevelopment.

This, from the Lobbyist Registry:

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32324​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

Lobbying for support and approval for the redevelopment of a site that includes 225-229 Queen Street East and 120-134 Sherbourne Street properties for a proposed mixed-use high-rise building and integration of two heritage buildings facades.

This parcel is bounded by Queen in the North, Sherbourne in the east, Britain Street to the South and Stonecutters Lane to the West.

Aerial Pic here:

1631287142795.png

Site Size: 1475m2 / 15,800ft2 +

Heritage: 2 sites listed, but not designated.

1) Kormann House Hotel (corner of Queen+Sherbourne) (former Canada House Tavern)

2) 120 Sherbourne, at the corner of Britain

Other:

Parcel includes current location of Anishnawbe Health.

Street Level Pics:

1631287511934.png

Taken from: https://mcfcrandall.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/blog_kormann_house_hotel.jpg?w=614&h=407

1631287597585.png

Credit: Emporis

Ahh, the old Kormann House corner. One of Lamb's early misfires, along with the original 231 Richmond proposal which was supposed to be quite the looker.

With the Moss Park station expected to be part of the future Ontario Line, I'm curious if whoever picked up this site comes up swinging out the gates with something like 35 to 40 storeys+ as a starting point.

Last edited:
I remember in first year university, downtown condos around U of T advertised for $99,900...they were probably 500sf+ too.

I very faintly remember $79,900 in one of the early office to condo conversions; probably one of the Yonge/Wellesley pair, but might have been Yonge/Davisville.

By time I actually considered buying, but didn't, I remember looking at a conversion in Leaside, just off Millwood.

The price was under 300k for a 2-bedroom unit as I recall.

I very faintly remember $79,900 in one of the early office to condo conversions; probably one of the Yonge/Wellesley pair, but might have been Yonge/Davisville.

By time I actually considered buying, but didn't, I remember looking at a conversion in Leaside, just off Millwood.

The price was under 300k for a 2-bedroom unit as I recall.

IIRC - the $79,900 was the starting price for a unit in the condominium conversion of the National Trust tower, 7 - 15 King Street East, many years ago....

Must be document upload day at the city - IBI

edit - beaten to it

Attachments

• Dash.png
    Dash.png
    814.9 KB · Views: 112
yeah man Toronto gets alot of proposals in this time. i hope we get another 300m+ proposal this year before Christmas. it's been that way for at least last 3years.

Must be document upload day at the city - IBI

edit - beaten to it

Back