Hopefully this isn't taking the thread off topic too much. But do you guys think with the LRT coming to the mall that it'll spur any TOD at the mall? The trend nationally is to redevelop malls into dense communities. I always felt like they could build condos on top of a lot of the parking lots at the mall and do direct connections into the mall.

Or is that 40 years away?

West Ed had plans to extend the mall towards the Transit Centre at one point, like 10 or 15 years ago; replacing the walk through the parkade with something indoors. That plan is dead, but i wouldn't be surprised if a similar proposal comes up. on the other side of 87 ave, Aldritt owns a piece of land facing the TC. dunno what they plan for it though.
I'd love to think something will happen, even if it is small in scope. but given how the mall is jus kind of cycling right now as opposed to growing, and the suburban, static nature of the surrounding area, i'm betting it will be long after the train opens for something to happen.

Hopefully this isn't taking the thread off topic too much. But do you guys think with the LRT coming to the mall that it'll spur any TOD at the mall? The trend nationally is to redevelop malls into dense communities. I always felt like they could build condos on top of a lot of the parking lots at the mall and do direct connections into the mall.

It could and probably will happen. I'm thinking 10-15 years after the Valley Line is complete.

5-10 out is my guess.

Back