Is this project still going on? Purchased back in Dec 2019 and I don't think they have even obtained zoning approval yet. This is too slow.

AFAIK and based on the article I posted earlier from April, this project is still in progress. A different Lanterra project, but 50 Scollard was initially slow coming out the gate too, and didn't have any substantial activity happen on site until around one year after its ceremonial groundbreaking. While their Rodeo Drive project lagged around for a while even in the construction phase and has finally had activity pick up again recently.

The thing I don't get, is that someone just put out a map outlining where the subway was coming up parliament to the staples site/King st station -- and the subway is set to go right through this site. So if that's the case - what are the builders supposed to do in the meantime? They can't just build their tower can they?

The thing I don't get, is that someone just put out a map outlining where the subway was coming up parliament to the staples site/King st station -- and the subway is set to go right through this site. So if that's the case - what are the builders supposed to do in the meantime? They can't just build their tower can they?
It looks to me that the line will be under the public space between 33 Parliament and Distillery District buildings, so this one won't be impacted at all. Maybe the line will impact 33, but I suspect it'll be too deep and/or also be slightly north of its excavation pit anyway…

45540-134789.jpg

It looks to me that the line will be under the public space between 33 Parliament and Distillery District buildings, so this one won't be impacted at all. Maybe the line will impact 33, but I suspect it'll be too deep and/or also be slightly north of its excavation pit anyway…

45540-134789.jpg

Could this be why they are only going down 3 floor parking underground and 3 floors above ground. Very limited lockers and bikes on the 5th floor.

Wein said sales for the 428-unit, Arquitectonica and IBI Group-designed 31 Parliament Condominiums have been “robust” and sufficient to start construction. Demolition of an existing building on the site just south of the Distillery District is slated to start in early December and construction of the new building should begin in Q1 2022.

Lanterra No 31 Condominiums will start digging this year. The city is now working on the by-laws and that's all that is waiting. Just talk to them at city planning last week and response was The rezoning for 31 Parliament was settled at the Board. We are currently finalizing the by-laws so the rezoning has not been fully approved, as the by-laws are not yet in effect.

AFAIK and based on the article I posted earlier from April, this project is still in progress. A different Lanterra project, but 50 Scollard was initially slow coming out the gate too, and didn't have any substantial activity happen on site until around one year after its ceremonial groundbreaking. While their Rodeo Drive project lagged around for a while even in the construction phase and has finally had activity pick up again recently.
The rezoning for 31 Parliament was settled at the Board. They are currently finalizing the by-laws so the rezoning has not been fully approved, as the by-laws are not yet in effect. By end of this year they plan digging.

Look forward to this one... hopefully the brick will have more punch than the rather anemic colour of the sales centre model:

No.31-Condos-Sales-Centre-Scale-Model-scaled.jpg

Link

The UT database still shows the Arquitectonica design with way more glass, less brick and few balconies, when every image search looks like this one below (which resembles the model)... can a MOD or member clarify which is more current?
NORM-LI_191002_Ext_HeroAerial_VF_02_Post-803x603.jpg

Toronto Life

This is off topic but it caught my attention in the map from the photo up above. It shows that there's no subway station on Cherry st to connect to the future Cherry St tram line ect. Which I think is a must to funnel outsiders from the subway. East of the Don River to Queens Quay, Villiers Island, parks etc in the future. Which I think will be a major busy tourist destination to hang out and view the city's skyline in the future .

This is off topic but it caught my attention in the map from the photo up above. It shows that there's no subway station on Cherry st to connect to the future Cherry St tram line ect. Which I think is a must to funnel outsiders from the subway. East of the Don River to Queens Quay, Villiers Island, parks etc in the future. Which I think will be a major busy tourist destination to hang out and view the city's skyline in the future .

I don't have a deep knowledge of future transit plans, but assuming that the City continues running the 504A (Distillery), it could conceivably continue down Cherry street to the Portlands, so transit users could get off at the new Corktown station and transfer. There is no way there's going to be a subway station at Cherry.

I don't have a deep knowledge of future transit plans, but assuming that the City continues running the 504A (Distillery), it could conceivably continue down Cherry street to the Portlands, so transit users could get off at the new Corktown station and transfer. There is no way there's going to be a subway station at Cherry.

Maybe in the future when there's demand for it.

Maybe in the future when there's demand for it.
Metrolinx has said the OL tunnel is on an incline in this area to reach the surface portal, so they can't build a station at Cherry without substantial changes to the tunnel design. So unless something big changes in the near future to allow for some kind of future-proofing, there will never be an OL station at Cherry simply due to the angle of the tunnel in the area.

Metrolinx has said the OL tunnel is on an incline in this area to reach the surface portal, so they can't build a station at Cherry without substantial changes to the tunnel design. So unless something big changes in the near future to allow for some kind of future-proofing, there will never be an OL station at Cherry simply due to the angle of the tunnel in the area.

Thanks for the info! I don't want to go rounds about this situation lol. Maybe they should build a subway platform above cherry st. Along the side of the CN rail bridge then create the portal to the next station. Money saved going underground could be used for the Cherry st station's platform. Just a thought Lol!

Are we getting brick panel here? Weird that I'm saying this and I kind of can't believe I'm saying it but I would have appreciated more glass. I like the contrast with the glass and the brick in the distillery.

Back