Three more shots from today’s walk in the park. In the first and second shots, Vita is in the centre, but lower down to the right in the second you will see the crane for the Conservatory project, Water’s Edge. That project is not quite at grade yet but when completed will be taller than Vita or Lago. I wonder what a view from this angle will look like when the Mr. Christie development is complete.

The red sailboat has been moored in the cove the last couple of winters, avoiding dock rental, I suppose. I like the splash of colour it provides. A dog was resting on its deck so it appears the boat is inhabited. It would be rather cool in the depths of winter, I expect.

An aside: I am doing a virtual walk on an app that transfers my kilometres walked to the course of El Camino, the ancient pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostella in Northwestern Spain. It’s just a way of keeping track of my exercise walking. On my virtual walk I have just crossed into Spain and am in the heart of the Pyrenees. The geography is rather different between the real walk and the virtual one! But, curiously, in both realities, I am just a few kilometres from Roncesvalles.

DAD15332-A852-4F25-9E75-9F04B223A985.jpeg
71AB2BD4-FA27-40B5-84AC-802B7561E0D2.jpeg
630F02F0-9B4B-4ACB-A7F5-CE25877F1820.jpeg

Last edited:
G + C buildings seem to work best when they mostly surrounded in obscuring balconies, IMO. A marginal thumbs up for this one.

(And please don't tar and feather me for posting that, Mr. End. >.< )

G + C buildings seem to work best when they mostly surrounded in obscuring balconies, IMO. A marginal thumbs up for this one.

(And please don't tar and feather me for posting that, Mr. End. >.< )
The tower itself looks great, nice clean lines, white slab accents contrasting dark windows/spandrels/mullions which all work together so that there's no mess. The podium is nothing to write home about, but it's not offensive other than that it should have been better coordinated with the tower.

The tower itself looks great, nice clean lines, white slab accents contrasting dark windows/spandrels/mullions which all work together so that there's no mess. The podium is nothing to write home about, but it's not offensive other than that it should have been better coordinated with the tower.

I agree. So it's okay to look at as long if you don't include the podium mess.

There are going to be a lot of very happy owners and renters. The lake view is amazing especially if you are above Vita 2 and imho was probably what the designer wanted for the people living inside to experience and have the rest of their life.

What a generic looking rectangular box nothing more nothing less of a building lol! Simple but affective looking as seen in the first few photos up above.

We are preparing our annual Best Buildings poll, and are looking for clean shots (with hoarding/fences gone) of each recently completed building to include in it to make it fair. If you are by here in the next short while, please shoot this building from across the street and post it right away!

We are preparing our annual Best Buildings poll, and are looking for clean shots (with hoarding/fences gone) of each recently completed building to include in it to make it fair. If you are by here in the next short while, please shoot this building from across the street and post it right away!

Hmm, well, since you insist @interchange42, here you go:

IMG_9852.jpg
IMG_9855.jpg
IMG_9857.jpg
IMG_9859.jpg

You'll note that the fence still isn't down from around it…

Back