Oct 24
DJI_0008e.jpg
DJI_0004e.jpg
DJI_0999e.jpg

I’m curious about the row of houses with backyards facing Burnhamthorpe … do you think that as MCC becomes more dense and backyard privacy becomes non-existent, these houses be purchased and re-developed/the community be re-zoned? Or might Burnhamthorpe be narrowed and a row of street-level commercial space in low-/midrise buildings be built between the backyards and the road in order to make the area more walkable and to restore a sense of privacy and transition to the low-density neighbourhood? As M-City buildings in particular rise, there seems to be even less continuity between MCC and the pre-existing community. At least the developments between the neighbourhood and the Mississauga Civic Centre area were buffered by (stacked?) townhomes.
I applaud the new density but feel bad for the home owners who weren’t initially expecting this when they purchased their homes. Also, from an urban planning and urban experience lens, it is just such an odd contrast and doesn’t make the area seem walkable if the tower residents step outside their building and are confronted with a long row of fence and a wide boulevard with a high volume of traffic. Something about it is awkward and strange.

I’m curious about the row of houses with backyards facing Burnhamthorpe … do you think that as MCC becomes more dense and backyard privacy becomes non-existent, these houses be purchased and re-developed/the community be re-zoned? Or might Burnhamthorpe be narrowed and a row of street-level commercial space in low-/midrise buildings be built between the backyards and the road in order to make the area more walkable and to restore a sense of privacy and transition to the low-density neighbourhood? As M-City buildings in particular rise, there seems to be even less continuity between MCC and the pre-existing community. At least the developments between the neighbourhood and the Mississauga Civic Centre area were buffered by (stacked?) townhomes.
I applaud the new density but feel bad for the home owners who weren’t initially expecting this when they purchased their homes. Also, from an urban planning and urban experience lens, it is just such an odd contrast and doesn’t make the area seem walkable if the tower residents step outside their building and are confronted with a long row of fence and a wide boulevard with a high volume of traffic. Something about it is awkward and strange.
Speaking for myself I don’t do anything in my backyard that needs privacy. If I got a hot tub I’d put up some hedges around it. But otherwise I’m not doing anything exciting when people look down into my yard. I do like that from my house I can see the lights of the condos from both sides of my place and they light up at night making me feel like I live in a much bigger city. I am much more concerned about my immediate neighbour to the back or right of me looking into my yard. As for my house turning into a townhouse. Maybe when I’m long gone and my kids divide it up. Otherwise I’m just going to be like the old man in up watching the city grow around me.

Looks like work is underway on M4 to the south of M3, if that is M4 location.

Will say March for M3 hitting grade and 100% my April.

Try to get to the site Sunday, but not able to do it. Sunday is the only day you can get close to it on the ground at this time.

The south crane will be able to work on both towers and only need another crane for M4.

Looks like work is underway on M4 to the south of M3, if that is M4 location.

Will say March for M3 hitting grade and 100% my April.

Try to get to the site Sunday, but not able to do it. Sunday is the only day you can get close to it on the ground at this time.

The south crane will be able to work on both towers and only need another crane for M4.
Yes they have been moving the little mountain they created at the M4 location from all the digging they did around M1/2 for wiring, new street layout and restoring the underground creek. They have also moved tons of soil from area designated for the new park.

Not sure if the work at the M4 location is indicative of imminent construction or if they just need more space for parking/staging areas.

Don't quote me on it but I thought the area to the right in my post 442 from December 29th was supposed to be a park. Not sure why I think this is the case (maybe saw a plan somewhere on UT) but if they are getting ready to start M4 I am excited about it!

Like Drum, I had planned to fly over the site yesterday but ran out of time. Hopefully I can make it next weekend and get some cooperative flight conditions. I noticed that Mini2 doesn't like the really cold temps much.

Don't quote me on it but I thought the area to the right in my post 442 from December 29th was supposed to be a park. Not sure why I think this is the case (maybe saw a plan somewhere on UT) but if they are getting ready to start M4 I am excited about it!

Like Drum, I had planned to fly over the site yesterday but ran out of time. Hopefully I can make it next weekend and get some cooperative flight conditions. I noticed that Mini2 doesn't like the really cold temps much.
Yes that area is for a public park. M4 is to the west of M3 where the M city logo is. If you check the photos you see that it was filled with dirt/soil from other digs and they have been recently clearing it up.

Feb 21
Are we going to see these colours on this tower or will they be on the rest?

The baronies needs to be a different colour than the building itself with M1 & M2 showing why it needs to happen.
51902999349_f1ac841cf4_b.jpg

51902681141_d017705ace_b.jpg

51903008474_e5db7d1189_b.jpg

51903008414_bab12080c3_b.jpg

51903325290_33bec2ca8f_b.jpg

51903008229_df412de8a1_b.jpg

51903325120_7edf39957e_b.jpg

Back