I don't know why the curved tower is getting so much hate. It's much better than your average tower especially your typical Toronto 40 story box with jazzed up balconies. It is simple but stands out. The crown is well designed and the spandrel is very well masked. They didn't skimp out on the materials either.
As already indicated, it's not the shape that's the problem. It's the materials used, particularly with the window wall...making it look busy and value engineered. To which the slab forest just south of it didn't appear to of made that mistake when they where built.

Photos taken November 28th, 2021:

1638144948308.png

1638144976760.png

1638145002123.png

A couple of shots of the new park:

1638145026557.png

1638145045077.png

1638145059451.png

It's an odd location for retail!
I think the tenants here will cater more to residents, ie. convenience store, nail salon, maybe a bank, and hopefully a café / restaurant. What’s interesting is who will occupy the standalone retail pavilion.

I had a chance to pass by this building and tbh the building looks great on the outside. and I'm just curious why it is getting so much hate in the forum. I have no knowledge in construction and materials used whatsoever but in my opinion, this is one of very few buildings in Toronto that looks very close to what's on the brochure.

I had a chance to pass by this building and tbh the building looks great on the outside. and I'm just curious why it is getting so much hate in the forum. I have no knowledge in construction and materials used whatsoever but in my opinion, this is one of very few buildings in Toronto that looks very close to what's on the brochure.
The disappointment for many is with the cladding of the eastern, rounded tower. You'll not that on the western tower, it's non-balcony bearing sides have clean floor-to-ceiling glass, which was what was shown in the renderings. The eastern tower was also shown that way, but its windows are divided into upper and lower "lights" by waist-height mullions. It's cheaper, and it adds clutter to the look. A lot of us wish that tower looked as clean as the western one.

Back