Slowest sidewalks ever.
04A0520A-7E7A-4459-9DD2-2CA740672528.jpeg
152093B2-4A2F-463F-81C9-F4729D2500C0.jpeg
142FFEA5-74D7-4C6F-9CE0-545F40D1B16F.jpeg

They should paint that porta potty orange to match the podium glasses and leave it there permanently, as a reminder of the aesthetic of this project!

The visual is quite enough thanks, no complimentary odoriferous emanation is required.

Agreed. The moon has bad taste, chose to make an appearance beside such a hideous tower!
I honesty don't get the uniquely Torontonian (and perhaps general Canadian?) obsession with opaque charcoal grey window wall masquerading as "all glass" in residential architecture. It's cheap, not sleek. Nearly every city of importance outside this country constructs residential buildings with at least some visual semblance of solidity, dignity, or permanence (seamless curtain wall for all-glass "standouts" and solid exterior walls for your average "middle-class" or "background" development) regardless of their economic means. That such incompetence in architectural design and materiality has been allowed to pollute what is arguably our #1 street speaks to our enduring culture of parsimony and second-tier-ism.

I honesty don't get the uniquely Torontonian (and perhaps general Canadian?) obsession with opaque charcoal grey window wall masquerading as "all glass" in residential architecture. It's cheap, not sleek. Nearly every city of importance outside this country constructs residential buildings with at least some visual semblance of solidity, dignity, or permanence (seamless curtain wall for all-glass "standouts" and solid exterior walls for your average "middle-class" or "background" development) regardless of their economic means. That such incompetence in architectural design and materiality has been allowed to pollute what is arguably our #1 street speaks to our enduring culture of parsimony and second-tier-ism.
You've answered your own question: It's cheap. And intentionally so.

You've answered your own question: It's cheap. And intentionally so.
I get it, but I also don't (if you know what I mean). A parsimonious developer erecting a steaming pile...on the main street of the biggest city in a (generally) respected and wealthy nation...where is the pride and sense of occasion? This would never happen in Sydney or Seoul, let alone Tokyo or Paris.

I get it, but I also don't (if you know what I mean). A parsimonious developer erecting a steaming pile...on the main street of the biggest city in a (generally) respected and wealthy nation...where is the pride and sense of occasion? This would never happen in Sydney or Seoul, let alone Tokyo or Paris.
I hear you...

....but outside the few exceptions, developers here don't want pride...as it doesn't make them money. Or so they claim. Either way, if they are allowed to do so, this crap will continue to be built within our city.

Back