Today. Nearly craneless.

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

Normally, I don't comment on this forum,but this time I have to express my love and admiration for this beautiful building. It's so beautiful and futuristic. It has turned way better than I could have imagined. With 45 Bay street and L tower, it make a nice trio.

However, I hope that the Sky tower (the phase 2) will be redesigned with a better design. I really dislike the huge and vulgar balconies that ruin the look of the building.

So, here is what I would like to see as potential design.

Firstly, a resurrection if the beautiful blue grey tower of the first original plan would be outstanding.

20180907123957-1446067712-urbantoronto-6918-25863.jpg

After, it would be extraordinary if the architects could find an inspiration in the Hermitage Plaza, a future condo complex in Paris.
dezeen_Hermitage-Plaza-by-Foster-and-Partners_4.jpg

Third option, imagine a similar building that looks like the Crowne Sydney, in Australia

Crown_Sydney_Barangaroo_(cropped).jpg

I am just suggesting what I would be pleased to see in the waterfront.

What do you think about it ?

I am sorry if the text has a weird form because the website is very very freezed.

Attachments

• One_Yonge_News_Thumbnail_1_m.jpg
    One_Yonge_News_Thumbnail_1_m.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 112
Well, this is extremely dissapointing. Far and away a significant downgrade to what is/was already under construction. If Im not mistaken, it is now going to be 389 metres to the top of the parapet, but the added height will just make Its mediocrity stick out more. Oh well, at least we got something near 400m now in true Toronto style. We also won't have to wait too long for these monoliths to be complete...

No same height - 312.5m - as before (389 is above sea level) and probably still 95s* of occupied floors... but what a lump of balcony coal in the xmas stocking... thx Pinnacle.

*not sure what levels 96 and 96.5 are... maybe they squeezed in a penthouse.

Last edited:
Well, this is extremely dissapointing. Far and away a significant downgrade to what is/was already under construction. If Im not mistaken, it is now going to be 389 metres to the top of the parapet, but the added height will just make Its mediocrity stick out more. Oh well, at least we got something near 400m now in true Toronto style. We also won't have to wait too long for these monoliths to be complete...
I think the height is AMSL. I don't know why building elevations are measured like this. Can someone edify?

No same height - 312.5m - as before (389 is above sea level) and probably still 95s* of occupied floors... but what a lump of balcony coal in the xmas stocking... thx Pinnacle.

*not sure what levels 96 and 96.5 are... maybe they squeezed in a penthouse.
Oh wonderful, thanks for the clarification in that regard. Since I can't find these docs anywhere, do we know if tower 3 has changed in height, or if it has simply adopted a Miami-like design for no reason at all? Besides cramming in more units of course.

Back