News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I don’t understand people’s preference for one vaccine brand over another. Just get the damn jab already and be done with it. Yesterday pharmacist were on the news saying that there’s a high percentage of people turning down third doses just cause it’s not their preferred brand.

I personally got flak from my parents for getting a Moderna dose for my second after having received Pfizer for the first. But I had no choice during the mass vaccination during the summer when Pfizer was in limited supply. My third dose was Pfizer as I had a choice. Ironically my parents have now shut their mouths after receiving Moderna for their third dose having no choice at a TPH mass vaccination site. This is after the first two doses being Pfizer.

My apologizes for the rant, but this is quite prevelant and it’s just dumb. Doesn’t help that certain ethnic groups also fuel this through non-scientific reasoning and gossip.

It wasn't that long ago, maybe the fall late summer, a lot of foreign countries wouldn't let you in with mixed vaccines. So i can see why so many people especially the immigrants, don't want mixed vaccines. They want be safe, and be able to visit home.

Plus the The World Health Organization's Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya , advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers back in the summer.

Travel is a reason, but that is changing and it’s not something I hear from many people. I have checked ball the places I want to go and mixing is ok . For those of us who had double AZ, we don’t have a choice any longer.

It wasn't that long ago, maybe the fall late summer, a lot of foreign countries wouldn't let you in with mixed vaccines. So i can see why so many people especially the immigrants, don't want mixed vaccines. They want be safe, and be able to visit home.

Plus the The World Health Organization's Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya , advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers back in the summer.

That reference is dated July 12, 2021.

This reference, at this link, is dated December 31, 2021.

Public health has also made it clear that it is safe to mix and match Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines for booster shots. Public health has also made it clear that it is safe to mix and match Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines for booster shots. CIUSSS West-Central Montreal is currently offering Pfizer for individuals between the ages of 5 and 29 and Moderna for those 30 and older.
  • Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines work the same way
  • During clinical trials, both mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna)demonstrated similar safety profiles and side effects (NACI).
  • Both mRNA vaccines showed similar vaccine efficacy in clinical trials against symptomatic COVID-19 disease following the second dose, 95% and 94% respectively for Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines (NACI).
  • There is no reason to believe that mRNA vaccine series completed with a different authorized mRNA vaccine product would result in any additional safety issues or reduction in immune protection against COVID-19 at this time (NACI).
  • Public health authorities have determined that if the same product is not readily available, or the product used for the first dose is unknown, the available mRNA vaccine product should be used for the subsequent (“booster”) doses.
This reference, at this link, is dated December 16, 2021.

Depending on availability, mRNA vaccines, such as those developed by Pfizer Inc (PFE.N) and Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) can be used as subsequent doses after initial doses of AstraZeneca's (AZN.L) vectored vaccine and vice versa, the global health body said.

AstraZeneca and any of the mRNA vaccines can also be used after initial doses of Sinopharm's inactivated vaccine, WHO said.

Viral vector vaccines contain instructions for making coronavirus antigens, while mRNA vaccines use a code from SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, to prompt an immune response in recipients. Inactivated vaccines take the SARS-CoV-2 virus and inactivate or kill it using chemicals, heat or radiation.

The guidance has been developed based on advice from WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on vaccines earlier this month.

The recommendation comes after a major study last week said a first dose of AstraZeneca or Pfizer/BioNTech shots followed by a Moderna vaccine nine weeks later induced a better immune response.

However, WHO said the mixing and matching should take into account supply projections, accessibility and the benefits and risks of the COVID-19 vaccines being used.

The recommendations will be reviewed as more data becomes available, the global health agency said.

Many countries have already gone ahead with mixing and matching vaccines as they faced soaring COVID-19 infection numbers, low supplies and slow immunisation over some safety concerns.

Always check the date of the reference.

I think the only way out of this is to vaccinate everyone we can and then allow everyone to expose themselves. What’s the alternative, more of the same until Dec 2022?

Yep everyone needs to be vaccinated. As long as there are unvaccinated people, this virus will continue to spread and mutate into deadlier variants; eventually evading the vaccines. We are just going to go round and round in circles for years to come.

Yep everyone needs to be vaccinated. As long as there are unvaccinated people, this virus will continue to spread and mutate into deadlier variants; eventually evading the vaccines. We are just going to go round and round in circles for years to come.
I refuse to be held hostage by the unvaccinated. We‘re never going to get to 100% of eligible people vaccinated, but we’re close to 90%. At what point do we cut the others loose and get on with our lives?

I think the only way out of this is to vaccinate everyone we can and then allow everyone to expose themselves. What’s the alternative, more of the same until Dec 2022?

I have a feeling the exposure part is already happening, whether we like it or not. It is a little too late for those who haven't been vaccinated - because chances are (along with personal behaviour) Omicron will probably not leave them uninfected when all is said and done given how prevalent and transmittable it is. Also keep in mind the two dose needs a minimum of 4 weeks between first and second shot, plus 2 weeks more to reach peak protection - and I doubt that anyone who hasn't vaxxed will have much luck avoiding exposure during that time (if indeed, not before).

AoD

I refuse to be held hostage by the unvaccinated. We‘re never going to get to 100% of eligible people vaccinated, but we’re close to 90%. At what point do we cut the others loose and get on with our lives?
Remember early on, when the anti-lockdown/anti-mask crowd suggested all we need to do is isolate the most vulnerable?

That crowd now *are* the most vulnerable. I’d be fine with isolating the crap out of them.

My wife managed to book a booster appointment for Friday, as she is a child care worker and also pregnant. The good news is my mom texted me saying that the SDM near them had extra Moderna doses and I booked an appointment for both of us for tomorrow afternoon!

Back