I may be incorrect here, but what is that below grade excavation between T3 and Aqualuna? Is that not the affordable housing block? Have not seen much about it so I would be suprised if construction for it has already begun?
Yes this is it, but they did not start the excavation yet.

P1240866.jpg

P1240868.jpg

P1240871.jpg

P1240869.jpg

P1240872.jpg

P1240875.jpg

P1240873.jpg

WOW. Great pics @ADRM !

Super excited for this project. Outside of looking on track to be one of the best office buildings in the area, I think it's really going to help bring more life to Bayside (once we get through COVID of course).

Has anyone seen the anchoring detail for how the cladding will go on to the glulam? The AGO had aluminium plates that were drilled + screwed onto the face of the members, and then a metal bracket was attached to that plate. It was crazy labour intensive, and now I'm curious to see if they've got a better idea nowadays

Has anyone seen the anchoring detail for how the cladding will go on to the glulam? The AGO had aluminium plates that were drilled + screwed onto the face of the members, and then a metal bracket was attached to that plate. It was crazy labour intensive, and now I'm curious to see if they've got a better idea nowadays

I'd think it would be similar to 80 Atlantic - there seem to be some sort metal strip at the edge and the cladding units just gets fastened on them? See the post by @smuncky below:

AoD

Back