From the way this building is designed, having no windows facing west. Im thinking they already know the building at the corner at Church and Wellesley west of it will be developed and block the view anyways. Is there a project proposed for that site already?
Nope, nothing proposed there yet. It's most likely future proofing just in case though. There's minimum distances that a tower can be from Church St in this area. So if anything did get redeveloped on that site, it would have to be right up against the alley next to this building, which is possibly why they avoided having much in the way of windows along the west face of the tower. Buildings directly on Church St in this area are limited to 4 stories (with various setbacks for anything above that, some of which are quite significant as the height increases), which is why the proposal for the northwest corner of Church-Wellesley had to shift its tower substantially to the west away from Church St, to the extent it's now two separate buildings.

Last edited:
Today. Looks great from this angle.

A5866D60-B0B6-48F7-B8FC-D1C3F53E0809.jpeg

Not as great from this angle.

63D80742-25C7-4D97-AAD6-8066A7182A3F.jpeg

Disappointing from this angle (note the newly installed Toronto Grey™️ spandrels)

21D33080-0684-43D5-AA40-90F5836742E4.jpeg

Finally - some new pre-cast panels coming! Expect they’ll be installed in the next few days.

985FDC2D-BC40-4366-A415-6D9F2CE90615.jpeg

What an ugly monstrosity. So many blank walls with no windows, and mundan, bland cladding all around. It looks like a jail or 60s institutional building from certain angles. Brutal.

The white precast on the East and West sides will presumably be much more environmentally friendly than all glass condos and will also lower heating and cooling costs for residents. I think this one is turning out allright. I like the thin horizontal windows too.

The white precast on the East and West sides will presumably be much more environmentally friendly than all glass condos and will also lower heating and cooling costs for residents. I think this one is turning out allright. I like the thin horizontal windows too.
I will withhold judgment on this until most of the white panels are installed. But with so many white panels (even more than Bianca) one has to wonder what they'll look like in a few years - all grimy and dirty. As someone pointed out, even the few that are currently up are already showing signs of grime, although presumably (hopefully?) they'll be cleaned up before they wrap up construction.

This is turning out great, IMO. Refreshing cladding choice, high quality glass used, interesting window shapes (especially the thin horizontal slits), fairly well integrated balconies, and substantial yet not overbearing massing at ground level. It's far from perfect, but it is easily above average.

Once they clean the precast upon completion, this is gonna look great. Much better than most of the other extremely generic grey towers on Wellesley East, that's for sure.
I see it everyday and those white panels with random placement just look like foam board it's like looking at underlay waiting for the finishing layer. And they aren't just dirty they are stained. I hold no hope those are ever going to be clean.

I see it everyday and those white panels with random placement just look like foam board it's like looking at underlay waiting for the finishing layer. And they aren't just dirty they are stained. I hold no hope those are ever going to be clean.
I mean, i see it everyday too. I can literally see it from my bedroom.

I'd say give it a chance for them to wash things down before we make judgements. Unless you have actual evidence of staining and aren't just saying that based on opinion/speculation.

Back