News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Where would everyone like the next extension to be. East to Yonge as originally was planned or west to pearson?

Id like to see it go west.

Where would everyone like the next extension to be. East to Yonge as originally was planned or west to pearson?

Not Pearson right now because they haven't figure out what they are doing with their transit station. Mikey Ford has already put in a request to examine extending Finch to Woodbine GO station. That leaves extending the LRT east.

I'm going to say advocate for an extension to Malvern Town Centre to meet the Eg East Ext. In advocating for that, maybe they'll give us an extension to Yonge.

Going east would be better to potentially alleviate congestion on the Yonge side of the subway line.

Since the Finch LRT is on schedule to be up and running in 2023, shouldn't city hall start to discuss the next phase of extension?

I feel they are going to focus on the planned once before any extensions.

What if we replaced the stubway by making the Finch LRT veer south?

I think @MrGoose meant an eastward expansion from Finch West to connect and replace Line 4 Sheppard.

AoD

God no. Finch East needs upgraded, grade-separated transit service. Routing an extension away from it would be beyond foolish. Besides, there's already a Sheppard East LRT proposal. We need both lines.

Back