I can perhaps see the reason for changing the name (licensing issues and use of a name, etc). But why even remove Gehry's name (the most famous architect in the world, and surely good marketing and justification for a premium sales price) from a description of the project? It really does not make sense.

And remember when someone on this thread said he had a friend working on building the sales centre? And then I asked where is was, and received no reply. And this was months ago?

The delays in this project continue. Frustrating for us who would love to live to see this built.

Odd..... what's with the ditching of Gehry's name in the marketing materials? That's unfortunate. Going to the number sounds rather generic, although it's also true that plenty of prestigious locations in various cities have used address numbers to signify exclusivity.

...then again, I don't recall Gehry having his name on any of the other projects he's designed for. Why should this be any different?

That, or someone at GG made a reference to that unfortunate cameo in The Simpsons to him, so he pulled his name from project in spite. >.<

...then again, I don't recall Gehry having his name on any of the other projects he's designed for. Why should this be any different?

That, or someone at GG made a reference to that unfortunate cameo in The Simpsons to him, so he pulled his name from project in spite. >.<
New York by Gehry.

When Gehry was on 60 Minutes just a few months back, he spoke about his Toronto project with pride, so maybe we are just worrying too much.

I can't recall but wasn't this project granted some kind of exceptional zoning/density/height because of the connection to Gehry?
Yup. That's why the city passed an OPA (on Page 14) with exceptional height, so long as certain conditions were met.
Architecture policy passed by the city...
Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 1.16.14 AM.png

New York by Gehry.

When Gehry was on 60 Minutes just a few months back, he spoke about his Toronto project with pride, so maybe we are just worrying too much.
Agreed, the reasons for this maybe a nothing burger. But personally, I am to disappointed that they dropped the Gehry name for something more mundane and unassuming.

Last time we did a front page story on this we were sent a note by Great Gulf telling us that the new name was the Gehry Towers. It's possible that they'll use the address 260 King West to refer to the first phase while referring to the whole project as the Gehry Towers…

…but who knows. We'll wait for some communication from them before changing the name in the thread.

Back