News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The TTC is very careful when it comes to medical issues but sometimes I wonder if annual physicals should be a requirement for continued employment. The MTO does have rules in place for commercial vehicle drivers however, that only really applies when a doctor has reason to suspend a license. If operators had annual physicals that could catch this sort of thing before it occurs, this would be useful.
The MTO requires all CZ-license holders to provide a physical upon their 5-year renewal. While the TTC is allowed to conduct its own training and testing regimen, they can't skirt that requirement.

On top of that, I think that the TTC does already require annual or bi-annual physicals for anyone who is not a desk jockey.

Dan

Get ready for more slow orders and idiotic Standard Operating Procedures because of this incident. Wouldnt be surprised if the TTC wrote up another stupid policy because of this.

Its how things are dealt in the 21st Century. Don't punish the individual for a crime, punish the rest of society by creating a new arbitrary law.

Its how things are dealt in the 21st Century. Don't punish the individual for a crime, punish the rest of society by creating a new arbitrary law.
How was the activation of a dead mans switch a 'crime". If the operator had a health 'event' it did exactly what it was supposed to do. Running into the back of a car (and not doing much apparent damage) is surely better than a runaway streetcar with 75 people on board.

I must miss it, but 168 and 40 are not going to Lansdowne as posted today.

Both buses routes are looping the block for Dundas West Station by Bloor/Dorval and picking up riders on Lane North Bloor E Dorval. Lots of confusion

Work has started on the loop

I must miss it, but 168 and 40 are not going to Lansdowne as posted today.

Both buses routes are looping the block for Dundas West Station by Bloor/Dorval and picking up riders on Lane North Bloor E Dorval. Lots of confusion

Work has started on the loop

From https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/bus-service

4 a.m. April 11, 2022 until further notice​

Buses will not enter Dundas West Station and will serve stops outside of the station on the street.
40 Junction-Dundas West route will divert via Dundas Street West, Bloor Street West, Dorval Road, Edna Avenue, Dundas Street West to route.
Map of route diversion

Buses will not enter Dundas West Station and will serve stops outside of the station on the street.
168 Symington route will divert via Bloor Street West, Dorval Road, Edna Avenue, Dundas Street West, Bloor Street West to route.
Map of route diversion

Routes will not enter Dundas West Station.
504C King replacement buses will operate between Exhibition Loop and High Park Station via Bloor Street West.
Map of route diversion

505 Dundas route will divert to High Park Loop.
Map of route diversion

The TTC was doing something interesting with the Scarborough Rt on April 14 when i rode it from McCowan station. The main stairs were closed off and they had signs directing people to the opposite platform from normal.

I took a short video of the operation of the trains.

From https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/bus-service

40 Junction-Dundas West route will divert via Dundas Street West, Bloor Street West, Dorval Road, Edna Avenue, Dundas Street West to route.
Map of route diversion

168 Symington route will divert via Bloor Street West, Dorval Road, Edna Avenue, Dundas Street West, Bloor Street West to route.
Map of route diversion

504C King replacement buses will operate between Exhibition Loop and High Park Station via Bloor Street West.
Map of route diversion

505 Dundas route will divert to High Park Loop.
Map of route diversion
This had to be a last minute change for 168 and 40 as it was the old plan on April 2 and a new notice was up on or before April 4 showing the new change. Odd the street posting said April 4 and the website said 11. No wonder why riders are so confused with 3 different dates saying opposite things..

The TTC was doing something interesting with the Scarborough Rt on April 14 when i rode it from McCowan station. The main stairs were closed off and they had signs directing people to the opposite platform from normal.

I took a short video of the operation of the trains.

I wonder if this is a permanent change?

I don't think so it looked like thy where doing work on the stairs from the mezzanine level to the platforms. The signs were hand written too. I'll check again next time I head out that end of the city.

I was out at the STC today and ventured to McCowan station.

The platform is still out of use. What boggles my mind is why they didn't just keep the escalators operating?

To me, based on what I'm seeing this could be a permanent change.

The platform is still out of use. What boggles my mind is why they didn't just keep the escalators operating?
I think they removed them as the platform wasn't in use. I have seen them close off staris in some sations to redo the tiles on them from time to time. Given that the only other way up to the platform is an escalator from the street level of the sation they probably decided that using the opposite platform would be more convenient for people who enter the sation from the mezzanine level then having them have to walk downstairs only to go back up again, also with only one escalator even having it stationary it might not have enough space for people to walk in both directions on.

Not sure what was going on at Kipling after I left it to catch my bus at Dundas, but police were going there and all TTC buses were not entering the terminal. All the busing using Dundas to the terminal were parking on it starting at Aukland and behind the bus in front of it. Riders were exiting the buses and either waking to the terminal or standing there. A few buses then loop by Aukland to go back on route with out picking up any Kipling riders. My bus came and driver had no idea what was going on.

TTC must be doing a lot of training drivers as I have never seen as many out of service vehicles that I saw today. While waiting for a 506, 3 out of service pull up at Bat hurt in a row with 2 going west and one onto 511. A number where seen going in both direction at different times on different routes.

Church St not pan ready as per TTC signs. 505 is pans only per the signs of TTC.

St Clair and Lansdowne Intersection needs some rebuilding since it was one of the first intersection to see a change from the old style to pans.

Victoria close to streetcars.

Edit: Bathurst, King and Queen can handle the heritage Fleet without pans at this time,

Last edited:

Back