Yeah, let's not tarnish Rosario Varacalli's good name by comparing this to Jack Diamond's residential work.
Jack Diamond played no part in designing The Taylor. He's been retired from active design work at DSAI for a couple of years now, but before that we was not tackling/overseeing the residential high-rise work anyway.

FBE6BA9F-D644-4205-AFB3-3DF42657FA88.jpeg
D87F5D44-2F28-430C-819B-44D6D78C2AA3.jpeg

Plain simple and effective looking cladding for this tower's facade! Will look great in the area as seen in the photos up above!

this sucks - what a piss poor response to the heritage building. Would it have killed them to pull the white grid down to the ground?

View attachment 396012
For some inexplicable reason, every single architect in this city apparently thinks endless walls of glass at grade are somehow the greatest thing since sliced bread.

For some inexplicable reason, every single architect in this city apparently thinks endless walls of glass at grade are somehow the greatest thing since sliced bread.
You guys! I gave up on watching how the architects try to tie in something old with the new. The only one I know that will try to continued the same theme all the way up. is the future Staples development on 1140 Yonge st. What I'm happy with is not seeing so much glass and balconies that stick out. That's more worse than dark glazed windows with black trim with cream columns riding up the tower lol!

I just feel that the height of this tower is so bizarre given the location of thee building. Despite being co-located with another tall condo, it seems to me it will stick out very much.

I just feel that the height of this tower is so bizarre given the location of thee building. Despite being co-located with another tall condo, it seems to me it will stick out very much.
I'd say that's cus the area is so flat right now, and the way it looks like it’s in the middle of nowhere in the renderings sure doesn't help. Eventually there'll be a 54 storey tower to the north, and there's a 51 storey tower to the east already under construction (plus 27 and 28 storey towers immediately to the north of that one). There's also a proposal in the works for a tall tower on the southeast corner of the intersection. Queen and Church is going to have way more towers in just a few years, so this won't feel as out of place as it looks in its renderings.

Back