I just absolutely love the design and architecture of this development. The esplanade area is old and needs to be revitalized. I'm not saying knock this entire neighborhood down like Regent Park because you still want that culture and heritage vibe from this area so seeing a mixture of new high rises being integrated with these old low rise buildings is a site that I just absolutely love to see! #hatersgonnahate
I actually thought this was sarcasm, until your passive aggressive hashtag. Why do you feel so determined fight back at honest and justifiable opinions?

IMO, "...old and needs to be revitalized" can be done well, but this isn't it.

A great example of a more modern integration into the SLM would be 60 Colborne or even 75 Esplanade (even with the balcony issues). Both of these builds leveraged quality materials, thoughtful design, and a seamless window wall application – creating a modern break for Toronto's oldest neighbourhood.

Time & Space on the other hand, did none of this. And I'm being very polite with saying it's an absolute disaster and the city and residents should be ashamed.

I can only hope they'll learn from this moving forward. Toronto deserves so much better and we should demand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually thought this was sarcasm, until your passive aggressive hashtag. Why do you feel so determined fight back at honest and justifiable opinions?

IMO, "...old and needs to be revitalized" can be done well, but this isn't it.

A great example of a more modern integration into the SLM would be 60 Colborne or even 75 Esplanade (even with the balcony issues). Both of these builds leveraged quality materials, thoughtful design, and a seamless window wall application – creating a modern break for Toronto's oldest neighbourhood.

Time & Space on the other hand, did none of this. And I'm being very polite with saying it's an absolute disaster and the city and residents should be ashamed.

I can only hope they'll learn from this moving forward. Toronto deserves so much better and we should demand it.
One could also point to The Berczy at Front and Church and 158 Front is turning out much better than I had anticipated (though I still prefer the earlier version.)

The weirdest part to me is the random comments coming on and praising this project. Like there's reasons this is an objectively bad development but people can still like objectively bad projects, thats apart of personal taste.

My favourite movie of all time is the Hobbit, it is objectively far from a high quality movie, but that doesn't mean I can't still love it.

I disagree with someone like c-mac when it comes to how I feel about this building, but they're an active member on this forum and even though I'm often in disagreement, I respect their opinion. Likewise, if other members who frequent this forum like this development for some reason, they're more than welcome to. The influx of new members heaping praise on this development is just so bizzare though, I haven't seen anything like it even in a thread like Nobu. I won't go so far as to accuse them of being bots, bought and paid for, or as investors in this development as some members have suggested, as I don't think that's fair and there is no evidence to back such claims. Regardless all the positive comments by new members feels off to me.

I just absolutely love the design and architecture of this development. The esplanade area is old and needs to be revitalized. I'm not saying knock this entire neighborhood down like Regent Park because you still want that culture and heritage vibe from this area so seeing a mixture of new high rises being integrated with these old low rise buildings is a site that I just absolutely love to see! #hatersgonnahate
I agree. Let's tear down the st lawrence market neighbourhood (keep the facades though) and replace them with tall glass towers (bonus points if they pay no historical homage to the neighbourhood or its residents).

That's me! The view was nice while it lasted, but I didn't buy the apartment for the view. The years of construction noise is more annoying (hopefully less so as I'll soon be back in the office a few days a week) but that won't last forever.

That's me! The view was nice while it lasted, but I didn't buy the apartment for the view. The years of construction noise is more annoying (hopefully less so as I'll soon be back in the office a few days a week) but that won't last forever.
I’m two doors down in east lofts and I’ll be blocked in even more in a few years lol

I don't mind being blocked in. It means I'll have a ton of neighbours. Maybe King, Front and Esplanade won't be so sleepy anymore in terms of businesses and amenities. And having a subway station next door will be amazing, if we make it that long.

The hyperbole in this threads IN BOTH DIRECTIONS needs to tone down or those posts will be deleted and people may go on holiday. If you’ve already pledged your undying love or limitless hatred for this complex, well, good enough, done for now. No need for more.

The hyperbole in this threads IN BOTH DIRECTIONS needs to tone down or those posts will be deleted and people may go on holiday. If you’ve already pledged your undying love or limitless hatred for this complex, well, good enough, done for now. No need for more.

...besides, Pemberton already out did this with the Social. Maybe our limitless hatred should be redirect there. >.<

looking east from Yonge.

B1A0A626-35B4-4F74-9CAF-21F0EB7053ED.jpeg

6613D52D-DC7B-4A5C-AA4E-AA305426264E.jpeg

5EA1FEE1-2B06-4764-833E-36B9FE8550B7.jpeg

Back