November 29, 2021 - first publicly visible evidence of planning for the redevelopment of the lands surrounding 460 King Street. Ground sampling equipment active on the King Street frontage of the parking lot next to 460 King.

20211129_145653.jpg

20211129_145637.jpg

As first broken here at UT by @AHK ......... we have an Application in from Allied here!

1651049752608.png

Note this is actually 4 different applications, two zoning and two Site Plan Approval

Updated aerial pic to clarify visually what's included in this app. :

1651050284228.png

Full set of addresses:

1651050043774.png

I'm hoping they're going to at least keep those rustic antique facades on Spadina and King St. And build on top with something that will blend in with old buildings lol!

Zaha Hadid?

Zaha isn't *really* Zaha anymore...but I guess it'd quality? MVRDV? I'd love a Toyo Ito or a SANAA but that's probably expecting too much (nor are they particularly known for office builds).

Adjmi's at the top of my list (and the Dream Quayside proposal knocked two others off of it). I'd also add:

Solid Objectives
Chipperfield
Grafton
OMA
KKAA
Zumthor
Frida Escobedo
Hawkins Brown
Gort Scott
LAN
Barozzi Veiga
Haptic
Mae

But not many on that list belong to "many who wanted to come for years". It suggest a firm with a high level of familiarity to forumers and one that has been around for awhile.

AoD

Come on @ProjectEnd. at least you can tell us if the starchitect is Asian, American, British, European, south American etc

Back