IMG_7493.JPG
IMG_7495.JPG
IMG_7494.JPG

If Dundas is to house a viable BRT corridor then fairly high densities make sense.

The object here should be to secure walkable streetscapes along Dundas and Trafalger as in the area more broadly, to ensure cycling facilities; ideally purpose-built rental, and adequate buffers to nearby natural areas.

But this should be about finding a way to 'yes'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the historic farmhouse located next to this project (covered with the beige stucco and previously housing a co-operators insurance office) will be preserved or will it be demolished? I think it would be a shame if this structure from the 19th century is destroyed. Further along Dundas many structures from the former township of Palermo, including a former coachhouse and inn, were demolished within the past 10 years even though they were assessed as being historically significant. 😢

My profile photo is of a former farmhouse in what is today Oakville.

Ummm, that looks promising and cool.* Pease stay cool! Please stay cool!

*inset balconies, no waist-height mullions, randomized textural cladding panels…

Not sure if these 2 renderings belong with the latest iteration. Some design elements look similar but the corners and motif placements look a bit different from the previously posted rendering. Or it could just depend on the side of the building viewed.

traf2.JPG
traf.JPG

Distrikt Capital and Alterra are partnering on the development of two 31-storey condominium towers at 3064 Trafalgar Rd. in Oakville.

Distrikt acquired the greenfield site in 2017 for an undisclosed price from an unnamed private individual and took it through the entitlement process.

The two buildings will combine for more than 700 units, with about half of them being one-bedroom and one-bedroom-plus-den and the remainder divided among two-bedroom, three-bedroom and penthouse suites. Sizes will range from about 575 to 1,200 square feet.

The condos are expected to go on sale early in Q2 2023 and prices won’t be revealed until closer to that time. Sales are expected to be completed in three to six months, according to Alterra president and chief executive officer Rob Cooper, who anticipates a construction period of from 40 to 42 months after that.

I'm really excited for this whole area, it's essentially Mississauga's Mississauga if that makes any sense whatsoever haha. Hopefully we can see transit explode around there too

I'm really excited for this whole area, it's essentially Mississauga's Mississauga if that makes any sense whatsoever haha. Hopefully we can see transit explode around there too
I remember back in the late 90‘s and early 2000‘s there being very little in the area

When is construction expected to start?
#excited
Looks like it may be soon. Distrikt Trafalgar is the site name on the hoarding and I've attached a photo from this morning's flight:
DJI_0462.JPG

Directly across the street shoring has commenced for the next phase of Minto's North Oak.

Any news on when will this job starts? Thanks!
No news, and I personally have not been by the site recently, but if you live close by you should go and take some pictures if anything is going on.

Sales have not yet begun as far as I know, so construction definitely hasn't started yet.

Back