Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I really thought the new Superstore would be a mega catalyst to new projects being proposed and started up in East Village. I thought they had hit the critical mass needed to continue steam rolling and finishing up the area. It has been disappointing watching it stagnate. Hopefully those small river front lots can get going here at least. Wasn’t there supposed to be a twin to N2 at one point?

I really thought the new Superstore would be a mega catalyst to new projects being proposed and started up in East Village. I thought they had hit the critical mass needed to continue steam rolling and finishing up the area. It has been disappointing watching it stagnate. Hopefully those small river front lots can get going here at least. Wasn’t there supposed to be a twin to N2 at one point?
I still think it will be a great catalyst but, yeah, not the one we had hoped. I wonder to what extent the drop-in centre is hampering development in that area and what other factors are at play. It would be nice to speak to a few developers who own land in that area.

Re: Superstore

In my experience, developers typically don't look beyond their own development.

There's a 41 storey tower being built.. I guess this about the developers than the community. I don't know the ownership partnerships. It's not a good image whether the Toronto area condo developers are still sitting on development blocks or have returned them. This will only last so long and Bosa is more than capable finishing the whole neighbourhood. I could see them taking over Fram Slokker's stalled project by 2024

I think it will still play a minor role in EV's future moving forward, but mostly a minor role. It's possible it may have helped sway some people to rent in the first phase tower, and thus may have helped in getting the second tower built. EV as a whole has stalled, but there are a lot more factors than having the grocery store. EV will continue development eventually, just a matter of when.

In the meantime the grocery store seems to be doing well. Every time I've been in there, it's been busy, and the times I've been there, I've seen people pick up groceries, and walk over to the LRT station. I have a feeling it'll be there for a while.

20220619_180754.jpg

guess that block isnt being redeveloped any time in the near future
That’s the main office for Bosa in the city, so I’d guess not. I’m sure they have other plans first. With the success of Arris, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them propose and move on another project pretty quick. Though that is speculation of course.

Personally I’d rather see the empty lots developed before tearing down more buildings.

There is a new cycle (4-6 buildings) brewing in the EV, but we likely won't see construction starting for another 18-24 months.
Will we at least see development permits? To hit construction in 18 months, they better be submitted soon. Or, are you talking about the 2016 Copez development? Otherwise, I don't think there are any left to build?

There’s also the EV606 or whatever it’s called. But I don’t think they submitted their DP yet, but they have signage at their site.

Back