News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

On my way home, I saw there was an e-bike available at the 20 Charles E Green P garage. Turns out there were like 10 of them in there. None now of course. :)

They really should provide incentives for users to check in bikes at stations with few around. I expect they'd get some takers and might be cheaper than hiring more crews to do it.
SoBi does something similar to this. You can bring a bike back to a hub and get a $1 riding credit.

I got one of the last two bikes at my usual dock. Another dude took the last one right after me.
Just as I'm cursing bikeshare again one of the reload trucks pulls up :-D
This is an all too familiar sight for me in Midtown.

Just yesterday, I had left for work earlier than usual and five people including myself showed up at the bike dock at the same time and took all 5 remaining bikes. I understand now why sometimes there are no bikes when I leave at my usual time. 😅

My bike share woes continue, but I realize it is not just midtown.
Exhibit A:
Screenshot_20220715-193451.png
I was running an errand and docked a bike and sure enough within 5 minutes it was gone. I was in no hurry so I decided to take advantage of $1 McDonalds Iced Coffee (large) and go for a walk. Then low and behold I stumble upon a station that is being reloaded, but I can't drink my Iced Coffee and bike at the same time. Oh well.

I have also been noticing a high proportion of out of service bikes. Check out this dock which had 8 bikes, 4 out of service! And I don't think a single one was an ebike. (I reversed the seats of the out of service bikes before taking this photo)
Exhibit B
IMG_20220715_201246.jpg

That being said I have never seen so many bikes (share and private) on the street before! I am someone that took up biking during the pandemic and now that things are opening up I am legit biking to where I need to go. The city is really taken the "temporary" bike lanes to heart.

Pretty much all of my trips are in the downtown core, and I rarely have an issue finding a bike, but docking can be a real problem. But I rarely move around during normal commuting hours.

Pretty much all of my trips are in the downtown core, and I rarely have an issue finding a bike, but docking can be a real problem. But I rarely move around during normal commuting hours.
The app is very handy for locating docking stations (and those with spots or bikes). And having the 45 min plan helps when I need to find another dock. And yes, I know you can get extra time somehow.

The app is very handy for locating docking stations (and those with spots or bikes). And having the 45 min plan helps when I need to find another dock. And yes, I know you can get extra time somehow.

I don't very often push up against the 30 minute limit. You have to go a pretty long way for that.

SoBi does something similar to this. You can bring a bike back to a hub and get a $1 riding credit.
It's a great idea! car2go (R.I.P.) used to offer credits to users who filled the gas tank during their rental. There was an entire side hustle of folks who would just help keep tanks full in order to get the car2go credit minutes!

Ha. There was a gas station right near my office and where I used to park Car2Go if I used it to get to work. I would use it on cold winter days when I didn’t feel like biking and would often end up being cheaper (and faster) than the TTC with the time credit from getting gas.

I rode one of the new bikes on the system this morning, what an absolutely flawless ride. Newer bikes make a significantly better impression when using the system.

Back