ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Another one I've been excited to post. Massive change for the area:

1658953214554.jpeg

Another one I've been excited to post. Massive change for the area:

View attachment 416583

First, great contribution, as always..........

Second........I don't know if I can get behind the thought of you being 'excited'. It just seems weird. LOL

On the proposal, the info is a bit limited for thoughtful commentary, but certainly, at first blush, the density seems quite reasonable, and I like that there are only 2 parks (almost one divided by a road), that seems to have a functional size/shape.

The retail program will be of interest, including whether it's entirely on the perimeter or comes into the interior a bit.

View attachment 416599

This is what it seems to encompass based on that rendering

Hmm 590 Keele is not listed in the letter I linked above, though the massing model clearly seems to include it.

The linked letter describes the site as 13 hectares; whereas the above suggests 16ha.

Last edited:
Could use a Milton/Midtown line GO stop too!
It remains insane to me that the Milton line doesn't stop at Bloor. It literally sails right through the station...

Even if the above were achieved, it's about 2.2km up to Stockyards so you could theoretically have on in Stockyards too. That said, that part of the Galt and adjoining yard(s) is extremely busy and CP is not going to want anything like a station messing up efficient movement.

1659024340085.png

It remains insane to me that the Milton line doesn't stop at Bloor. It literally sails right through the station...

Even if the above were achieved, it's about 2.2km up to Stockyards so you could theoretically have on in Stockyards too. That said, that part of the Galt and adjoining yard(s) is extremely busy and CP is not going to want anything like a station messing up efficient movement.

View attachment 416619
Yeah, if there's going to be a stop on the Milton line, I think it should go near Jane Street to intersect with the 35 bus and potential one-day lrt.

It is the planned St. Clair GO / smart track remnant stop that needs to get built ASAP to service this area.

Jack has his version of the story up at BlogTO, here:

From the above, this was the only novel tidbit:

1659045309997.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back