Glass blocks are hollow. The design of these blocks has changed very little for over 100 years:
https://sevesglassblockinc.com/blog/history-glass-block-architectural-design
The glass blocks used here will be argon-filled for better insulation.

Glass bricks are solid and custom made as they are rarely used as a building material as it’s heavy, expensive and requires special installation/construction. This is a store in Amsterdam that uses glass brick to reinterpret its historical facade (images courtesy of Dezeen):
899EF65C-F48F-427D-BB41-018BEAEF2D8D.jpeg

1267E903-2059-420B-A38E-1FA41DEE8039.jpeg

The mock-up was done a year ago and has been going through some wind testing since then. I believe the production of the glass blocks has already started a couple of years ago in Europe to meet the specific demands and construction timeline of this project. Westbank released videos of the production of the glass blocks that will be used here (it was posted on an earlier page here).

Glass blocks are hollow. The design of these blocks has changed very little for over 100 years:
https://sevesglassblockinc.com/blog/history-glass-block-architectural-design
The glass blocks used here will be argon-filled for better insulation.

Glass bricks are solid and custom made as they are rarely used as a building material as it’s heavy, expensive and requires special installation/construction. This is a store in Amsterdam that uses glass brick to reinterpret its historical facade (images courtesy of Dezeen):
View attachment 416931

View attachment 416932

The mock-up was done a year ago and has been going through some wind testing since then. I believe the production of the glass blocks has already started a couple of years ago in Europe to meet the specific demands and construction timeline of this project. Westbank released videos of the production of the glass blocks that will be used here (it was posted on an earlier page here).
Those that live in glass houses must dress discretely though... >.<

Those that live in glass houses must dress discretely though... >.<

Really depends on how exhibitionist they are, I suppose.

The latter certainly brings to light ways in which new neighbours can really affect the view!

Really depends on how exhibitionist they are, I suppose.

The latter certainly brings to light ways in which new neighbours can really affect the view!
Kinda reminds of the anecdote some regular at the time posted about a balcony exhibitionist who like entertaining himself over on the Via Bloor thread I thinks, sometime and a few years ago. And how this reader was going to let that go, until his mother witnessed said offender one night over dinner or something. I'm not sure that's still there as it was pretty NSFW, lol...

...but yeah, I get what you mean. >.<

Haha! Pixel mountain! We should have more nicknames for building here like London does. The only building I know that has one, is the 'Darth vader' for that black building in the west portlands. I don't know if it stuck though.
Long live Pixel Mountain! ...the old PixMo.

August 12, 2022

Much interior structural work on the heritage building at the east end of the project has been completed, and the remaining structure is now self supporting. The temporary interior bracing columns were taken out today, and are being removed from the site. Two photos, one of the building itself, and the other of the yellow temporary structural beams, loaded on the flatbed for transportation.

20220812_121224.jpg

20220812_121234.jpg

Back