News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I had a sneak peak a few weeks ago, leaning towards Option 1 for the most part. Like the inclusion of new water feature in the plaza area, as well as looking at crosswalk connections across 105 Street to the Warehouse Park, as well as across 104 Street. A bit worried about addressing safety when it comes to the NE corner (wanted to blow out that corner and spill onto the lane), and also the location of the public washroom should be fine as along as there are attendants and doesn't impact El Beso's patio.

I had a sneak peak a few weeks ago, leaning towards Option 1 for the most part. Like the inclusion of new water feature in the plaza area, as well as looking at crosswalk connections across 105 Street to the Warehouse Park, as well as across 104 Street. A bit worried about addressing safety when it comes to the NE corner (wanted to blow out that corner and spill onto the lane), and also the location of the public washroom should be fine as along as there are attendants and doesn't impact El Beso's patio.
I agree with @Gronk! on the washroom locations, but only because I do think it'd negatively impact El Beso's patio--which IMO is crucial to this park. Adds the needed after hours liveliness and eyes on the park to make it feel a lot safer (currently a major issue with Beaverhills)

Playground - I'm no sure about whether or not this needs to be included. The Warehouse Park will have large playground.

Washroom location - I'm also leaning towards the intersection location, but it needs to be designed transparently so that it doesn't also become a safety concern.

Waterfall - Essentially the current water feature is designed to residential standards and is not salvageable. I like the idea personally of water feature in the current plaza area.

FeJ-TCoakAAo5iN

Back