interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Fora Developments, who delivered a really pleasant surprise for us up at 77 Erskine in Midtown earlier this week, have another one for us already. This time they have teamed up with Oikoi Living on the south side of Em Street just west of Barberian's, where they have engaged PARTISANS for the design a 30-storey tower that I suspect is going to grab some attention! Like at Panda to the south, this building is limited in height owing to the eastern flight path above for helicopters to Sick Kids Hospital.

17ElmAerSW1280K.jpg

17ElmAerSW1280.jpg
17ElmHeroSW1280.jpg
17ElmWormsEve1280.jpg

17ElmElevsN+E1280.jpg

The official site for the building is here.

We have a full story up on the front page, and a database file too, with one more rendering, linked above!

Attachments

• 17ElmWormsDay1280.jpg
    17ElmWormsDay1280.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 88
This would replace these 2 buildings:

1662127098232.png

While the loss of 17 is no great concern, 15, (left), if modest, has its charm.

Regardless, while I find the building interesting, I think it serves to detract from the character and charm of Elm Street. We have so few blocks like this short section of Elm, already encroached on from Bay.

For me, this is a right building, wrong spot.

Wow nice! This tower looks like building that could be built somewhere in the Middle East or Asia lol!

This is a beautiful design, if only because it's so unconventional for the city.

(I am pointing out the obvious when I say that I am concerned about value engineering and the final product. This will not be cheap to build (just on the curved glass alone). I hope they can faithfully execute this design as pictured here. Fingers crossed.)

Back